• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the future of recreational drugs?

Ironic, I watched the 30 for 30 episode on Len Bias last night for the first time.

Scared the crap out of me for my kids.

I had a roommate in Las Vegas who used to smoke crystal. I walked in on that a few times. He was kicked out of student housing for getting caught smoking weed on the roof of our building, of all things. Can't say I was sad to see him go.

In the last year, between VT and NYC, I've been around weed (everywhere up here), coke, crushed adderall, molly, and 2C-I. I have two acquaintances who love acid and shrooms but I haven't been present for those. Perhaps surprisingly, these are all used by extremely intelligent and well-adjusted people including Dartmouth and Cornell grads, an MD, some PhDs, other professionals. The people you meet!

On a slightly darker note, my little town supposedly has had a bit of a heroin problem, and the house across the intersection from mine was raided two weeks before I moved in. I haven't heard of a single issue with it since, as my neighborhood consists of mostly young families and a literal hippie commune with lots of kids, but I did find a capped insulin syringe loaded with a clear liquid on the sidewalk (not on my street) a few weeks ago.

my neighborhood consists of mostly young families and a literal hippie commune with lots of kids

Howdy, neighbor. Just for the record, drug use on our Farm is confined to marijuana smoking and other "natural" psychedelia on occasion. We stay far away from the hard stuff. Interferes with our primary objective of repersonalizing a society, making person to person relations the core of existence to promote greater intimacy and fuller human development. You should stop by sometime, brother. Feel you would fit in well with our community.

Since many of the board members have a variety of backgrounds, I would be interested in a simple poll: what is the most popular drug trend in your area, your age range, and region/state. Info like that will help me validate reading ogboards at work ��

i am 30 and live in san francisco. i see a lot of pot usage in my circle. some molly/acid/coke in that order. one neighbor friend is nuts, though, and runs with a different crowd. hung out at the dead show with him when he was on acid and k. he's like 40 and is a successful entrepreneur.

I am a criminal defense lawyer, and most of my new cases are heroin-related. And the people hooked on it are young......18-25. Why can't we just go back to the carefree days of my youth with pot and hallucinogens????

There is a group outside the courthouse trying to get petitions signed to put medical marihuana on the ballot (again) and they asked a guy coming out if he would sign and his response was "If you legalize marijuana I'll go out of business."

We mostly just swing and wife-swap in my neighborhood. Usually mixed with some ice-cold Bud Heavy.

I am a criminal defense lawyer, and most of my new cases are heroin-related. And the people hooked on it are young......18-25. Why can't we just go back to the carefree days of my youth with pot and hallucinogens????

Because that's not as good for business?

No way. I really dont understand why anyone would ever try synthetic weed with all the bad news out there about it coupled with real weed being readily available and sometimes legal in like dozens of flavors.

People only do it because it's cheap. This board probably isn't the best place to hear first-hand accounts on it, but we've got the ELC's around.

Back