• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your biggest regret?

I've had a few,
but then again
too few to mention

long term GFs in HS and College

deciding to not study in Vienna at the last minute

When you're a single man and you turn down strange, you'll probably regret it. In my case, I was just clueless in college about picking up the signals, and my friends would tell me after the fact. In hindsight, they were right and I was a bonehead. I got a little better at it in young adulthood. Some were hot, some were ugly-ish, and some were fat, but each situation could have been fun in its own way.

Not studying abroad while at Wake.

This.

Also, part of me regrets choosing a school that resulted in mountains of debt over a state school. That's less so, however, given all the experiences/relationships I've had because of WFU.

Girl stuff, mainly. I probably shouldn't have gone to Wake, really, but that's less of a regret. It wasn't really the place for me and I knew it if I was being honest, but still convinced myself to go.

The big one that involves girls but not really relationship emo shit (there are tons of those), is that when I was in France after my freshman year for the World Cup, two recent female Florida grads asked me to go to Pamplona with them and camp out in one of the squares. I had been robbed of much of my cash earlier in my trip and had made plans for a free place to stay with a family friend in Brighton for a few days, and felt I couldn't afford to pass that up, so I went to England. I should have passed that up. Not only did I not go to Pamplona for a potential Almost Famous type three way with a couple of hot chicks (well, one was hot, but the other was fine enough that one wouldn't have passed up a three way) but I ended up in England for France winning the World Cup followed by Bastille Day -- the biggest party in France since the end of the war. Smooth.

Oh yeah that reminds me, I thought I was hot shit so when I only made JV soccer as a freshman in hs, I quit and joined cross country instead. Had some good times in xc and track, including some decent individual accomplishments, but I may have made Varsity soccer my sophomore year and they would go on to win states. Oh well.

Buying that Coldplay album because I liked that song with the little piano ditty.

You know the one: DOO doo doo Dee doo doo Dee doo Dee doo doo Dee doo doo, etc.

longterm gf in college
not studying abroad
going into accounting after graduating

1. Not porking the hot girl in high school that wanted my tip because I was in a relationship.
2. Not studying abroad at Wake.
3. Not going to the Jimmy Cliff concert in Jamaica senior year Spring Break because I didn't think I could afford it.

Back