• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your biggest regret?

So if you don't bang a hot girl who wants to bang you you'll probably regret it forever?

pretty much. unless you're married, stay married and turn it down. many regrets come from turning it down while in a relationship that ended up in the crapper anyway.

Non-girl regrets: quitting HS baseball after I moved during my sophomore year, not committing time to playing in a band/guitar in general, and opting for a B.A. rather than a B.S. in college.

I wasn't in a real relationship really, was bloated from drinking and smoking my way through senior year, and got invited to one of those sorority secret invitation parties for dudes who like to party. I had no clue who gave me the invite (I knew they just went to pretty much everyone anyway), but went to the party. This friend of mine who was in the sorority, tall girl with smoking hot body, came up to me and started throwing a little game. Pretty much just ignored it. This was after we were in the same summer management program group when I was broke as fuck and wasn't going to go to Freddie B's all you can drink until she insisted that she buy my way in. Still didn't register.

I wasn't in a real relationship really, was bloated from drinking and smoking my way through senior year, and got invited to one of those sorority secret invitation parties for dudes who like to party. I had no clue who gave me the invite (I knew they just went to pretty much everyone anyway), but went to the party. This friend of mine who was in the sorority, tall girl with smoking hot body, came up to me and started throwing a little game. Pretty much just ignored it. This was after we were in the same summer management program group when I was broke as fuck and wasn't going to go to Freddie B's all you can drink until she insisted that she buy my way in. Still didn't register.

Damn bro. You were so in!

So if you don't bang a hot girl who wants to bang you you'll probably regret it forever?

The lesson, as always, being in a relationship in HS and/or college is just stupid.

Oh yeah that reminds me, I thought I was hot shit so when I only made JV soccer as a freshman in hs, I quit and joined cross country instead. Had some good times in xc and track, including some decent individual accomplishments, but I may have made Varsity soccer my sophomore year and they would go on to win states. Oh well.

but IF you had been on the team, would everything have transpired JUST RIGHT (all the passes, plays, goals, etc) for them to win states?!

?!?!?!?!??!!

just something to think about.
i really don't have many regrets, because i really like my life now and i look back to the things that happened and see the "well, if THAT hadn't happened (or had, as the situation may be) that THAT wouldn't have happened....etc etc... and I wouldn't be here".

but IF you had been on the team, would everything have transpired JUST RIGHT (all the passes, plays, goals, etc) for them to win states?!

?!?!?!?!??!!

i really don't have many regrets, because i really like my life now and i look back to the things that happened and see the "well, if THAT hadn't happened (or had, as the situation may be) that THAT wouldn't have happened....etc etc... and I wouldn't be here".

I agree with this idea. I have one significant regret (not even going to discuss it because it's too terrible/depressing), but I am convinced that my life in the long run ended up better because of it. I almost certainly wouldn't have gone to Wake if it hadn't, and if I hadn't gone to Wake I almost certainly wouldn't be where I am today, and I fucking love my life.

I have a more legitimate one: I kind of had a crappy home life growing up and if I had been more aware of some things then things would have been easier for me in college. I really didn't become aware till like 5-6 years ago and now things are much easier when they were.

?!?!?!?!??!!

I may have worded it wrong. They won states without me on the team. I wasn't suggesting I was some sort of missing piece to my hs team. Just that it would have been cool to stick with soccer, which I had been playing all my life. I could have been on a great team if I had just shown some patience. Some ridiculously talented kids didny make varsity my freshmen year. I think Sam Cronin was one of two, and he would go on to play for Wake, in the mls, and on the national team.

I have a more legitimate one: I kind of had a crappy home life growing up and if I had been more aware of some things then things would have been easier for me in college. I really didn't become aware till like 5-6 years ago and now things are much easier when they were.

I regret reading such a vague yet insightful post.

Not really a regret considering I had a great time at Wake, but I do sometimes wish I had walked-on the football team. My main reason for not doing it was that I thought my grades would suffer. Little did I know that had I joined the football team, my GPA probably would have been about a point higher given the amount of mandatory tutoring and early registration. Not to mention a rigorous schedule would have done wonders for me. But it's such a dramatic alteration in the best 4 years of my life, so far, that I'm not sure I can really say that I "regret" not doing it.

I may have worded it wrong. They won states without me on the team. I wasn't suggesting I was some sort of missing piece to my hs team. Just that it would have been cool to stick with soccer, which I had been playing all my life. I could have been on a great team if I had just shown some patience. Some ridiculously talented kids didny make varsity my freshmen year. I think Sam Cronin was one of two, and he would go on to play for Wake, in the mls, and on the national team.

no, i know... but if you had been on the team, all the plays that took place to score goals and ultimately get them to states (and win) might have gone differently if you had been on the field - i don't mean that you suck and would have screwed them up, but just that everything happened a particular way and a different person in the situation would change the event because different decisions would have been made.

Back