• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your dream job?

I'd like to find a way to make use of my interest in finance / business, but in a way that would make some sort of difference. Microfinance maybe, but in the US. Or on the business side of education.

That or own a doggie daycare.

My boss wants to open a brewery, and he and his wife have sketched out a long term plan to make it happen.

not for profit reit investing in low income housing

That would be fun the first week and then the repetition would crush your soul. Same video, same stories...same dumb tourists.

Serious answer for me would be beef cattle ranching, because I grew up doing it. It doesn't allow for much travel but I've really traveled as much as I want at this point anyway.

So is that where the angus part of your username came from?

ha! i also saw that episode of bar rescue.

i do think some of that stuff is scripted/exaggerated, but i also think there's a fair amount of shady stuff that goes down. obviously the caliber of restaurant any of us would go in on would be higher than a steakhouse in decline, but still.

That episode was ridiculous. He brings in the old alcoholic to play a dude having a birthday party and he happens to take a drink and show up at what had to be the lamest rave ever and some dude gets a heart attack.

That may have been over the line. Episodes like the chef using cheap fish, selling it as sea bass, and pocketing the difference and bartenders refilling high end bottles with well liquor and having their own parties with the good stuff bother me more.

So is that where the angus part of your username came from?

Google image "Brangus." It was the breed of cattle we carried. Brahma/angus cross. More heat tolerant and higher weaning weight than angus.

i would love to shoot film or run audio for NFL Films. Those guys are the best in the business and get incredible access.

kTyncy0.gif

Football historian. That would be the greatest job ever.

What I'm doing is a close second, but I wouldn't say no to having my own TV show or becoming AD of a major regional theatre, either.

Yeah, I think the same goes for breweries. My sister is part owner of a brewery in the city of incline. She just sits back and cashes check$ and drinks for free, but it seems like a giant pain in the ass for the dudes who actually run it. Yeah part of it involves alcohol, but the majority of it is regular monotonous hard work.
Which one, if you don't mind?

Back