• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your greatest athletic achievement?

Won my conference championship in high school golf.

Holed out from about 250 yards for what would have been a double eagle, but it was just a practice ball I had dropped down to see if I could reach the green from there (practice round for a scramble the next day). That was actually the day that Skip passed.

Broke par several times during one summer.

Won my conference championship in high school golf.

Holed out from about 250 yards for what would have been a double eagle, but it was just a practice ball I had dropped down to see if I could reach the green from there (practice round for a scramble the next day). That was actually the day that Skip passed.

Broke par several times during one summer.

For a first post, this username had so much parody potential on this thread.

For a first post, this username had so much parody potential on this thread.

i expected his post to be about the baseball title in the 60's... or the final four in the 60's....

wow my post got really sad, really quick

Made a hole in one
Finished a shot out of all-conference in golf in high school(lolz wooooo)
Led off the 4X800 at an indoor track meet and was up by a straight frontaway after my leg (we lost somehow) and ran a 2:07 which was probably one of my better times.
Ran a sub 5 minute mile (4:57)

Oh and a couple years ago at halftime of a Wake game I threw a pizza box from one end of the court to the top of the key in two throws and hit an Ishesque floater to win a hundred bucks Donatos gift card.

This are pretty lame lol

Lol at waketheuniverse at the donatos competition.

LOL oh yeah I couldn't remember exactly who it was that was in it too, but knew they posted on the boards.

That was the dumbest competition ever, I don't think I've ever seen it again.

Finished 3rd in doubles at the National Hard Court Championships. Lost to Donald Young in the semis but pulled off the victory right after for 3rd place.

Not a single event, but more cumulative, of the players in this years NCAA Tennis Individual Championships, I had previously played 8 of them and beaten 6. I also had multiple victories each over the two kids who won the doubles championships.

Safe to say I A) peaked early and B) suffered from injury.

I threw two no-hitters in one season of 4A high school baseball.

Caught the winning TD to help my team win the regional 4A high school football championship.

That's all I've got.

Scored 17 points in under 3 minutes my last high school basketball game, with BacktoBack running point. Still lost, naturally.

Scored 17 points in under 3 minutes my last high school basketball game

Are you Jason McElwain?

Jason-McElwain.jpg

Drank 18 beers on a course in Myrtle Beach and still broke 80. Chipped in on 18 with one hand on the club and the other holding a beer. In the same round, hot-wired a tractor and drove it on the tee box while waiting for slower players ahead of us. Any money won on the course that day was donated that evening to the ladies paying their way through college by working at Derriere's.

Last edited:
Scored from midfield for Reynolds. That was pretty cool.

Not as cool, but I scored from midfield in an intramural soccer game at Wake my freshman year.

Best memory is probably making a Willie Mays-esque (not nearly as awesome) over the shoulder running catch in left field in HS. I caught it and stumbled to the ground and then popped back up with the ball in my hand. The other team thought I cheated (dropped the ball and quickly picked it up during the fall) but I did, in fact, make a clean catch. There were some very passionate parents in the stands who thought the Ump made a bad call. And by passionate I mean jay holes.

When I was a sophomore in high school, my club soccer team was playing in a regional tournament. We had a pretty good squad, and we managed to make the finals against a top-flight team from upstate New York.

We ended up tied after regular time, and in extra time neither team scored, so we went to penalty kicks. The stalemate continued after 5 rounds of PKs, and with no team taking advantage, it went to sudden death PKs. During the 7th round, I was up with a chance to win the tournament. I approached the spot, nervous as hell, but laid the ball in the back of the net to become tournament champions.

I was the co-Worldwide Wes of my church basketball team. Me and the other kid that attended the church recruited like 6 ringers to win the title my senior year of high school.

But seriously I had a pick-six during the first JV scrimmage I ever played in. Unfortunately due to sheer laziness I retired from HS football to swim for a year and then captain my high school's Social Studies and General Knowledge academic teams. We lost in the county finals my junior and I think senior year.

Not as cool, but I scored from midfield in an intramural soccer game at Wake my freshman year.

Best memory is probably making a Willie Mays-esque (not nearly as awesome) over the shoulder running catch in left field in HS. I caught it and stumbled to the ground and then popped back up with the ball in my hand. The other team thought I cheated (dropped the ball and quickly picked it up during the fall) but I did, in fact, make a clean catch. There were some very passionate parents in the stands who thought the Ump made a bad call. And by passionate I mean jay holes.

This reminds me of my diving catch on the gravel in kickball while your (then) girlfriend was watching. That was awesome.

Back