• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Men "Expect"

A girl doesn't have to wear perfume. She could use nice smelling soap and I wouldn't mind.

Or, just not smell badly.

I'm not even sure what they are. Like a hair splits in two? Is that even possible? How would I notice?

I am, of course, assuming we are not talking about the football position. I would notice that kind of split end. He is on the LOS, and away from the offensive line. Better not be in TeacherFianceeDeac's hair.

So based on our last thread- men, when you start dating someone, do you expect (if you want to continue dating the girl) that:

1. That they will have a waxed bikini area?

2. That they will have non-bushy eyebrows and eliminate any unibrow?

3. That they will have sexy bra-underwear, meaning not your typical cotton panty, but a lacy thong and sexy bra?

4. That they will have their hair relatively free of split ends?

5. That they will dress up if you're going to a dressy place/ night on the town? Including some kind of sexy heels?

6. That they will smell amazing?

Also, any other "grooming" expectations? We're being totally shallow here, so we'll take it as a given that the girl has a nice personality, etc. Maybe I am thinking men expect more than they actually do!

1. Yes. Or at least substantially trimmed. No National Geographic type stuff.

2. Yes. This is kind of obvious.

3. I would expect that she would do this if she thought he clothes would be coming off that night. I would not want to see granny panties or any other type stuff.

4. Don't really care about this.

5. Yes.

6. Yes.

If anyone is friends with me on FB, I guarantee I have split ends in my facebook pic. Can you even tell?

ETA: I just realized I changed my picture recently. The first few tags of me, then!

I agree with body hair maintenance, not nasty undies, and not looking like a grunge when you go out. Smelling nice? I do that with or without perfume by using my friends soap and water. I can't wear perfume on days that I work. Split ends? Not unless they're REALLY bad.

Last edited:
If anyone is friends with me on FB, I guarantee I have split ends in my facebook pic. Can you even tell?

I agree with body hair maintenance, not nasty undies, and not looking like a grunge when you go out. Smelling nice? I do that with or without perfume by using my friends soap and water. I can't wear perfume on days that I work. Split ends? Not unless they're REALLY bad.

I think this is pretty much spot on.

POSREP

It seems like you are asking if any of these things would be deal breakers, as opposed to just what guys prefer. If that's the case, I think only number 2 would be for me.

1. I'd like maintenance, but waxing isn't necessary.
3. Sexy underwear are nice, but defs not a deal breaker for me.
4. lol
5. I mean I'm sure they'd look nice, don't care if they wear heels.
6. Of course I want them to smell good, but I'd actually prefer no perfume most of the time. That shit gives me a headache. Nice smelling soap is more than enough for me.

This is what he was referring to. When I first read it, I too thought you had to borrow your friends soap to smell nice.

I know what he was referring to but if I had meant that I borrowed my friend's soap and water, there would be an apostrophe there.

ETA: Right? Now I'm paranoid that I typed it wrong...

It doesn't matter what men expect or want. Women dress up and doll themselves up to impress other women.

#3 is for the guy. And ourselves. #6 too.

But yeah, I would do all those things regardless of what guys expected.

It doesn't matter what men expect or want. Women dress up and doll themselves up to impress other women.

This. Pos Rep.

It seems like you are asking if any of these things would be deal breakers, as opposed to just what guys prefer. If that's the case, I think only number 2 would be for me.

1. I'd like maintenance, but waxing isn't necessary.
3. Sexy underwear are nice, but defs not a deal breaker for me.
4. lol
5. I mean I'm sure they'd look nice, don't care if they wear heels.
6. Of course I want them to smell good, but I'd actually prefer no perfume most of the time. That shit gives me a headache. Nice smelling soap is more than enough for me.

If I had to answer the 6 questions that awake asked these would be my answers.

I know what he was referring to but if I had meant that I borrowed my friend's soap and water, there would be an apostrophe there.

ETA: Right? Now I'm paranoid that I typed it wrong...

lol, I think you typed it correct to begin with. When reading things fast, I tend to ignore apostrophes like they're going out of style.

If the girl has a unibrow we aren't going on a first date.

If I'm seeing the underwear and bikini area that's pretty much all I care about.

Yes I expect a girl to wear event appropriate clothing and shower.

#3 is for the guy. And ourselves. #6 too.

But yeah, I would do all those things regardless of what guys expected.

Eh I'd say that yall probably spend more time looking at the undergarment (sweet word right) than we do. Here's my reaction when a girl is wearing some sexy bra and panties....

1. Oh sweet that looks cool
2. (2 secs later) lets try to get those things off
3. Profit

Eh I'd say that yall probably spend more time looking at the undergarment (sweet word right) than we do. Here's my reaction when a girl is wearing some sexy bra and panties....

1. Oh sweet that looks cool
2. (2 secs later) lets try to get those things off
3. Profit

Haha

Guys: do you really care if the bikini region is specifically WAXED as opposed to just well-kempt in other ways (razor for example).

As long as there are no razor bumps or razor burn I don't care.

Guys: do you really care if the bikini region is specifically WAXED as opposed to just well-kempt in other ways (razor for example).

i'm sure the boys will answer. and i doubt any of them can even tell the difference. i think the difference is for the girls...waxing is WAY more long-term, less high-maintenance, and you don't have to worry about the irritation like with shaving.

Back