• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What music album or CD was the soundtrack to your college years?

Widespread Diarrhea -- Lite Fuse, Get Away
Faithless -- Reverence
Outkast -- ATLiens
Dubtribe Soundsystem -- Bryant Street
Jurassic 5 -- Quality Control

Three different Drivin' n' Cryin' CDs -- Scarred but Smarter, Whisper Tames the Lion, and Mystery Road.

Joshua Tree and Life's Rich Pageant were two of my favs from the early college years. Also Dire Straits Dire Straits and Communique, although those albums were released a few years earlier.

And yes, I was at the DKE Connells party. Good time.

Last edited:
I think they were originally called, '16x Gayer Than BBD'.

Knock it off with the rude comments, my man BBD is not gay! He married a chick. Hes just doing the gay rights thing because he wants to be a school guidance counselor one day.

I was confusing Vertical Horizon with a local band of WFU students - Indian Summer. Not sure why. Anyone recall that bands original name?

Yes, they were "Limited Sight Distance" Junior year, and changed to Indian Summer by Sr. year.

They were decent, but not nearly as good as "Racer X" aka "Easily Suede" aka "Voodoo Chicken".

Yes, they were "Limited Sight Distance" Junior year, and changed to Indian Summer by Sr. year.

They were decent, but not nearly as good as "Racer X" aka "Easily Suede" aka "Voodoo Chicken".

Lol at Easily Suede. My boy Townie and I know all about some Easily Suede.

Lol at Easily Suede. My boy Townie and I know all about some Easily Suede.

The bassist was my roommate for a couple of years. They were the best local band around in the mid-80s (except for maybe Dillon Fence) and after graduation they tried to make it big in Athens but unfortunately they didn't go far.

Back