• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What was the greatest (unique) moment of your life?

While my brother was a freshman at WFU, his roommate's high school-aged sister and her best friend were visiting big brother, and they went to a Tom Jones concert in Greensboro and the best friend got screwed by Tom Jones after the concert.

i have one that would even top an rj story, but won’t share

While my brother was a freshman at WFU, his roommate's high school-aged sister and her best friend were visiting big brother, and they went to a Tom Jones concert in Greensboro and the best friend got screwed by Tom Jones after the concert.

Unique? Yes.

But it’s not unusual.

Seeing bald eagles, elk, moose, and other cool animals on a snowmobile excursion, with just my dad and the guide (was supposed to be like 12 other people), in like 4 feet of powder outside Jackson Hole was pretty incredible.

Having to keep my mom from having a complete meltdown while seeing a ~8 foot reef shark circle us at an awesome reef in the Abacos.

Randomly making a double-eagle on what was really just a long punch-out from the woods on a par 5. The ball caught a hill and rolled probably 110 yards before going into the cup dead center.

This is certainly nothing great, but something a little random.

I was mobilized and deployed to Iraq in 2008-2009 and was stationed at a FOB in southern Baghdad, where I lived the life of a (mostly) Fobbit. Before the deployment, I had never watched the Sopranos. To try to entertain myself, over the course of the year I ordered the entire series from Amazon and would try to watch 30 minutes or so each night in my hooch after I got off duty before going to sleep.

Late one night before going to sleep, I happened to watch the episode where Tony beats up Davey Scatino (played by Robert Patrick):

The very next day, while engrossed in eating my supper in the chow hall, I looked up to see Robert Patrick and Dennis Haysbert in line just 10 yards away from me. They were on an (unknown to me) USO tour as part of the cast of the television show "The Unit."

Anyhow, I thought that was pretty weird/cool/random to watch a character getting beat down by Tony Soprano and less than 24 hours later seeing the actor who played that character in person on FOB Falcon.

I'll end with a pre-emptive "cool story, Hansel." Carry on.

I won a year's supply of Arby's by hitting a layup, a free throw, and a 3 pointer before the shot clock expired during a promotion at the Kentucky/UGA men's basketball game in 1996. Larry Munson gave me a high five and told me I might be needed after the timeout.

I've always wondered how much people cash in on those things. So how much Arby's did you actually eat that year?

I had the opposite experience at a Mudcats game when I was about 6 or so. I was one of the kids that got called out to throw baseballs through a giant hole in a cutout wooden bear or catfish or something. I missed all of them and they gave me a gift certificate to Shoneys, which there wasn't one within 60 miles of where I lived. I still remember the shame. What a choke job. Going to minor league games now and seeing how ridiculously easy some of those games are...sigh...I'd kill it now, for sure.

Last edited:
Also, that seems really easy to do in 35 seconds, although maybe not in front of thousands of people. In middle school, our coach used to pick someone each practice to try to make a layup, FT, 3, and half court shot using 1 ball in 30 secs to get the whole team out of running and free Gatorades the next practice. I did it once and felt like a hero.

I had a spidey sense moment on the 7th hole at Reynolds Park. I can't remember if someone yelled FORE or not but I felt something and turned my head to see a ball coming straight for my face. Did a super intense Matrix style lean back and felt the air displacement of the ball as it went past my face. I still think about how I knew it was heading my way/exactly which way to turn and look.

Does it involve a Chevy caprice and a snickers?

Does it involve carpentry skills?

Does it involve menthols?

Does it involve school buses at tangle wood?

A friend of mine from Wake married one of Coach K's daughters. I was invited to the wedding. It was a huge wedding and there were tons of VIPs there, Phil Knight, Mike Jarvis, Bilas, etc. I was right out of college, still kind of broish and obviously there by myself. Anyway, people are dancing during the reception, so I find this nice looking lady and start dancing with her. Then a slow song comes on. So I do the gentlemanly thing to do and slow dance with her. As SOON as the song is over, this dude grabs her and says, "We are leaving RIGHT NOW." That dude was her husband. Quin Snyder. Whoops.

ETA: This is CLEARLY not the greatest moment of my life. Just an interesting/unique thing that happened once. Obvs.

So this thing that happened for your brother's roommate's sister's best friend is the greatest moment of your life?

i streaked through the benson center in 1993. during dinner. jogged really. screaming "look at me, i'm naked, you PUSSIES."

Back