• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What was the greatest (unique) moment of your life?

In second grade I went to a UNC vs UVA basketball game with my Dad. On the way we picked up Brad Daugherty. Then we went to 4 corners and had food with Michael Jordan. Then we went to the game and sat with Ralph Sampson. Then we went down to the UNC locker room after the game and hung out with the team.

Fast forward to my first real job out of school, and I'm working for a dot com startup in Chapel Hill. I'm at Top of the Hill with my girlfriend and in walks Jordan with a huge entourage. Girlfriend calls BS when I tell her the second grade story. He's sitting about 10 feet away, so I ask of of the entourage if I can have a quick word to see if Jordan remembers meeting me as a kid. Jordan confirms it happened, even remembering that Brad and my dad talked skeet shooting and how he was afraid of guns at the time. In your face, girlfriend.

In second grade I went to a UNC vs UVA basketball game with my Dad. On the way we picked up Brad Daugherty. Then we went to 4 corners and had food with Michael Jordan. Then we went to the game and sat with Ralph Sampson. Then we went down to the UNC locker room after the game and hung out with the team.

Fast forward to my first real job out of school, and I'm working for a dot com startup in Chapel Hill. I'm at Top of the Hill with my girlfriend and in walks Jordan with a huge entourage. Girlfriend calls BS when I tell her the second grade story. He's sitting about 10 feet away, so I ask of of the entourage if I can have a quick word to see if Jordan remembers meeting me as a kid. Jordan confirms it happened, even remembering that Brad and my dad talked skeet shooting and how he was afraid of guns at the time. In your face, girlfriend.

literally, suck it

Ha! This is awesome, and also awesome that Jordan actually remembered.

I feel like I don't have anything in particular that comes to mind for this thread right now, but I'm enjoying reading everyone else's stories.

V70gQTq.png

Mine was probably sharing a drink with Kenny Bania and talking about Ovaltine.

When I was a young buck I grew up on a lot of land, one day I accidentally jumped/ barrel rolled my go cart landed it and drove off, It was badass and makes up for the other times I injured myself rolling it.

I was probably around 8 years old and like another poster mentioned I was in the Abacos snorkeling when a great Hammerhead shark circled me and my pops three or four times. We swam back to our boat and thought everything was cool. Three hours later when we were swimming off the back of the boat we see a 10+ foot hammerhead swim back under the boat. It's always an intense experience the first time you swim with a shark.

I sailed a boat from SF to HI, and back again along the Alaska/ Canada coastline with my bro. We are thinking about circumnavigating when the time is right on his boat.

and of course two chicks at the same time, and the one time I fucked a friend of mine while getting a lap dance from a stripper in the VIP room. IDK why but I always thought that was cool.

Also rafting/guiding down the Gauley for the first time was fucking intense, I have never guided out west but would like to do that as well. Maybe retirement.

First time I took LSD.

Last edited:
When I was a young buck I grew up on a lot of land, one day I accidentally jumped/ barrel rolled my go cart landed it and drove off, It was badass and makes up for the other times I injured myself rolling it.

I was probably around 8 years old and like another poster mentioned I was in the Abacos snorkeling when a great Hammerhead shark circled me and my pops three or four times. We swam back to our boat and thought everything was cool. Three hours later when we were swimming off the back of the boat we see a 10+ foot hammerhead swim back under the boat. It's always an intense experience the first time you swim with a shark.

I sailed a boat from SF to HI, and back again along the Alaska/ Canada coastline with my bro. We are thinking about circumnavigating when the time is right on his boat.

and of course two chicks at the same time, and the one time I fucked a friend of mine while getting a lap dance from a stripper in the VIP room. IDK why but I always thought that was cool.

Also rafting/guiding down the Gauley for the first time was fucking intense, I have never guided out west but would like to do that as well. Maybe retirement.

First time I took LSD.

Umm, the bolded needs explanation.

Umm, the bolded needs explanation.

I was out with a friend of mine in Greensboro getting tossed, and me and her ended up the night by going to one of the clubs there IDK remember what it was called it think maybe Mirage. My friend gets us into the VIP with a stripper for a dance, it was a private room just us and the stripper, champagne, the whole fucking thing. The stripper starts dancing on me and turns to my friend and goes you can suck his dick back here if you want, then it went from there. it was the Saturday before the panthers played the Bears at home during our 2014 season, I went to the game and we won on a comeback victory. I remember thinking it was a good weekend.

private dance =/= lap dance

your details don't line up. #fakenews.

I won 25K on the game show Hollywood Game Night...that was awesome.

I witnessed Dallas Braden's perfect game against the Rays in 2010. It was awesome but also really weird because the stadium was empty (shocking for Oakland I know) and of those who were there, barely any body other than myself, my friend, and the security guard in our section actually realized what was happening until like the 8th inning.

I got into a verbal altercation with Sean May in a bar in Charlotte and probably would have gotten the shit kicked out of me if Sam Swank didn't intervene and save my life.

Brad Lohaus was in NBA Jams? Damn.

Not me, but my roommate saw Devin Thomas smashed outside of Rec Billiards on new years eve. Apparently he sat him down and convinced him he needed to go home and start representing the Deac's properly. At the end of the conversation Devin was saying yes sir and stuff. Wouldn't be funny if it wasn't in the context that my roommate is a full blown alcoholic crazy person probably 24 years old at the time.

Back