• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would you do if "The Purge" was real?

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
A new movie called "The Purge" opens tomorrow, with this idea behind it:

The United States has become "a nation reborn", with crime and unemployment rates hitting an all-time low. To allow the venting of negative emotions, the government has instated a 12 hour period (from 7pm on March 21 to 7am on the morning of March 22) called 'The Purge', during which all crime (including murder) is legal and emergency services are suspended.

What would you for those 12 hours? Would you go commit a crime (like stealing something you really want/need) or would you just hang out at home, behind locked doors, with your gun handy?

Wonder how the fuck the right-wing took over the country.

Probably pool a bunch of money with a group and do some serious insider trading.

What if the Purge falls during the NCAA Tournament?

What a weird date to choose. Spring Break and NCAAs. Shows how out of touch Hollywood is.

What if the Purge falls during the NCAA Tournament?
What a weird date to choose. Spring Break and NCAAs. Shows how out of touch Hollywood is.

Probably orchestrated by Wellman so that nobody will have any idea where Bzz will be.

It is getting mixed reviews which is a shame because the premise has so much potential.

I would rob banks

And probably die trying.

My question about the whole "Purge" idea is how will Gov't property be defended? Won't the Capitol Hill police force shoot you if you come close to the Capitol itself? What about getting on Military Bases?

I would probably just lock down and keep my kids away from the Disarm button.

if it's only 12 hours, i'd just stay put. i have to assume that where i live, people aren't going to be going nutso on killing sprees and i'm not exactly anyone's target... so yeah. i'd sit.

It is getting mixed reviews which is a shame because the premise has so much potential.

Sarcasm right? I can't imagine anybody hates their fellow man so much to write such a script. And it's absurd that making people wait a year to commit crime would solve crime.

if it's only 12 hours, i'd just stay put. i have to assume that where i live, people aren't going to be going nutso on killing sprees and i'm not exactly anyone's target... so yeah. i'd sit.

Plus you have significant firepower at the house.

That's just what they want you to think.

Almost a page and no BBD jokes? Come on, people.

Back