• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What would you do if "The Purge" was real?

if it's only 12 hours, i'd just stay put. i have to assume that where i live, people aren't going to be going nutso on killing sprees and i'm not exactly anyone's target... so yeah. i'd sit.

No need to panic when Coyotepocalypse could occur at any moment. :thumbsup:

Agree with a lot of what's been said above. Given 12 hours, most "regular" folks wouldn't have the time to work up the courage to do something major (murder, rape, etc.), but you'd probably see a bunch of smaller stuff (theft, running red lights, downloading pirated movies). What would be interesting is if it were a regular thing- such as 12 hours every month. Then people could really plan/scheme. Or little things that happen each month would have different consequences. Your boss pass over you for a promotion at work, normally you suck it up and get over it. But if you know that next Friday you could take a baseball bat to his/her car without consequence, you'd probably do it.

But I agree, what prevents people from murder and violent crime isn't really laws or the threat of punishment, it's an innate/divine sense of justice. Though you'd probably end up with a bunch of "Robin Hoods" who would do illegal things in the name of justice (letting people out of jail, stealing from the rich and giving to those in need).

Would anyone admit to that? I can see the next day at work..what did you during the purge? Ran a couple redlights and downloaded Season Five of Breaking Bad. I admit to being pretty badass.

I'm aware that almost everyone would avoid being out on the streets. Let's say there were still people walking around - anyone walking with their head buried in their phone gets a crowbar to the face.

Slightly off-topic, but this movie is doing amazing at the box office. With Thursday night numbers included, it's Thur/Fri opening was almost $17 million, and it's on pace for a $35+ million opening weekend. It cost $3 million to make.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

emratcarl.jpg

Slightly off-topic, but this movie is doing amazing at the box office. With Thursday night numbers included, it's Thur/Fri opening was almost $17 million, and it's on pace for a $35+ million opening weekend. It cost $3 million to make.

Because After Earth sucks and Superman isn't out. Perfect timing.

It would involve having The Rains of Castamere played at RJ's family reunion

I'd take a shit on mid court at Cameron. Real talk

Sarcasm right? I can't imagine anybody hates their fellow man so much to write such a script. And it's absurd that making people wait a year to commit crime would solve crime.

Generating a discussion is what makes the premise interesting. There are a thousand ways to go with it, not just the violent crime aspect.

Generating a discussion is what makes the premise interesting. There are a thousand ways to go with it, not just the violent crime aspect.

I'm not sure why anyone would risk petty crimes with violent criminals out there.

Seriously?

I would likely leave the country. I would be gone for that day. Not risking it.

Yea count me in the camp that doesn't get why allowing people 12 hours without consequences will curb crime the other 364.5 days

Back