• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When did you become BuzzOut?

IrishSlim

The Sultan of Swashbuckle
Reaction score
12/21/10, after listening to [Redacted] at the postgame conference of the loss to Presbyterian.

I saw the thread title and came to post the exact same thing. My sister was a presby student at the time so it really cut deep knowing she was on her shitty little campus with the other 45 students celebrating the "big ACC win".

NC State home game this year. An absolute embarassment for which there is still no rational explanation or excuse.

It was fall of 2010. I think it was after the Winthrop game on 11/22/10.

NC State home game this year. An absolute embarassment for which there is still no rational explanation or excuse.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. I guess throughout all the blowouts last year I was just kidding myself in thinking that it would get better. That NC State game just put it over the top for me. I guess Bzz could turn it around somewhat next year, but I have little hope.

Copy of my initial BuzzOut post last March:

Moved to BuzzOut on 3/3/11. After a full season, our degree of sucking remained in the black hole range. That being said, I would love being absolutely wrong and we play skilled, inspired team basketball next season. I just don't see it happening next year, let alone in the next 2 or 3 years. I blame Wellman for hiring Dino first of all then hiring Buzz, he did him no favors. Hindsight is 20/20 and after Cleveland State I had zero confidence in Gottago to do anything with the talent he had or would ever have, we jumped out of the pot into the fire with the Buzz hire. This just SUCKS!!!

Last edited:
Fully, 100%? UNCW.

Never thought it was going to work though.

Arizona State game.

+1. I wasn't per say a buzz inner but after that AZ St debacle the day after thanksgiving, I was done for. There was no coming back, i was spewing fury over that game.

Not too ashamed to say it didn't happen til later on this season. I even had hope after VT this year, but the string of 6 blowouts leading up to the GaTech win was the last straw for me. I hadn't been proud of the program or anything, but I was holding out hope that there might be some player improvement going on and some shreds of coaching poking through. As I've said before, I will eat my crow now. I should have seen it earlier, but I was wearing black and gold glasses for too long. I don't have the dates in front of me, but some time in late January 2012 for me.

November 12, 2010. Losing to one of the Atlantic Sun's bottom dwellers at home by double digits makes one lose hope pretty quickly

3/8/12

was wait and see before

I'm usually a guy who thinks coaches get 3 years to implement their system and bring in their players. However, I have no idea what system we have other than one that gets blown out starting at half time.

My conversion has been a process, completed in late January of this year. I admit that the process was slow - in part - because I don't trust Wellman with the next hire

During one of the games that first season where we didn't even try and got steamrolled. They all run together so I can't pinpoint when it was exactly.

ncb_a_wellbzd_200.jpg

While the press conference was a red flag, the Stetson game was a surreal experience.

I have waivered a couple of times towards Bzzzz wait and see, but the incompetence just pulls me back in.

Back