• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When did you become BuzzOut?

The Stetson game for me. I was so pissed off after that game. Bzzz can't be fired soon enough.

I was BuzzOut when he was hired. Then I was Buzz Wait and See when he kept the recruiting class together. Then I went back to BuzzOut after Stetson, and have been firmly out ever since. No wavering at all.

After his first radio show (or during). I called and asked him about size up front and what we had coming in and his response was immediately defensive (even though I just asked if we had any size coming in). His demeanor and attitude wreaked of jerk. Did not like his tone. Not really polished with his communication skills. Not sure how he could pass ANY interview.

Uva game this year. That's a fiesty bunch up there, but they had no business blowing anyone out.

Emails I sent out to friends on 4/9/10 when the rumors started about hiring that clown:

The board rumors about [Redacted] as the new coach are correct. I got a
confirmation of it from a good source.

What a miserable hire. He's actually a downgrade from Dino, which is
damn near impossible.

Hard to believe Wellman messed this one up.

Are you facking serious? [Redacted] is a miserable hire.

You don't fire Dino, citing the direction of the program, and then
hire this guy. Terrible. Any excitement that might have come from a
new coach will be gone.

I don't care how much sunshine you guys find in this. Looked at in
total it's a miserably bad switch until Beez prooves me wrong.

Needless to say I was Buzzout from the start.

I tried to like him since he was our coach but every post game and radio show made me so angry. I cannot like him for any reason at this point.

Hated the hire from day one. UNCW game was the point of no return.

Clemson at home this year. Mods still haent given me a new sn

Day 1. How do you go from Odom to Prosser to [Redacted] (I always considered Gaudio a place-holder)? Odom took us to new heights, so did Prosser--we never got to where we wanted but we were a national program so why go and hire a 60 year-old coach with an average record and no post-season success?

After his first radio show (or during). I called and asked him about size up front and what we had coming in and his response was immediately defensive (even though I just asked if we had any size coming in). His demeanor and attitude wreaked of jerk. Did not like his tone. Not really polished with his communication skills. Not sure how he could pass ANY interview.

Completely agree. In addition, he threw the players under the buss with such ease it was sickening. Hey buddy...you suck.

The Saturday morning after the Stetson game. I hadn't paid any attention to the game the night before, so I woke up and checked the box score to see how handily we'd crushed the "Hatters." My jaw dropped.

I began steeling myself for a new reality and a new set of lowered expectations. Still wasn't ready for what all came next.

Stetson or Presbyterian game. It's a toss-up. I can't recall which team was worse.

Probably after the 34 point blowout to State at home. I tended to be BzzWaitandsee generally because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and time to turn us around. When it was clear we had made no improvement, I decided it was time to join the BzzzOuters.

Probably after the 34 point blowout to State at home. I tended to be BzzWaitandsee generally because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and time to turn us around. When it was clear we had made no improvement, I decided it was time to join the BzzzOuters.

This describes me well. The mind has a way of protecting itself by blocking out memories of how bad some of these losses were.

I was good fire/bad hire on the Dino/Bzzz transition, but was willing to be wait and see. The reason I was DinoOut was he lacked the coaching side of being a basketball coach. Crushing, postseason losses that affirmed the sense that his teams were simply variants on the theme of inevitable collapse; overtaken by teams that were more than an assemblage of talent. I wanted to have a March experience that didn't make me feel like I just wasted the last four months getting invested in a team that flamed out. Indeed, improvement over the course of the season was one of Ron's stated reasons for firing Dino ("Teams that play better at the end of the season than at the beginning."- paraphrase).

MARCH, 8, 2012; ACC TOURNAMENT: Maryland 82 (Mark Turgeon, first year coach), Wake Forest 60 (Bzzz, second year coach).

Maryland (6-10) had a three game losing streak coming into the game, including a loss to woeful Ga Tech on the very same floor two weeks prior. That isn't Juan Dixon-Maryland or Stevie Franchise-Maryland; that isn't even the Xree Hipp all-stars. AT THE END OF THE YEAR, we couldn't even stay within three touchdowns of a team that didn't beat an ACC team that will make the tournament (their best win was against Miami).

Basically, we've replaced the three week annual Dino collapse that started on February 10th with a twenty week collapse that starts in November. #Bzzzzout

The only reason I'm not #ronout is lifetime achievement, and I don't want anyone new to run off Grobe. After Skip and Grobie, Ron had earned a blank check...and still managed to find a way to bounce it. I suspect that Bzzzz gets another year b/c that's how these types of things are done. I am going to have a moral dilemma next year: do I pull for the Deacs (Wake Forest in the short-term), or do I pull for a new coach (Wake Forest in the long-term)?

Clemson at home this year. Mods still haent given me a new sn

Yes, it is our fault that you have a terrible, terrible screen name. :thumbsup:

I actually don't even know if that is possible to do. cookout? TW?

Back