• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where does last night rank on the list of Bz failures/embarrassments?

Here is the correct order of our worst losses under Bzz, and I listed 15 because 10 really isn't enough.

1. 10-11 Stetson (79-89) home loss

2. 10-11 Presbyterian (64-66) home loss

3. 12-13 Iona (68-94) neutral loss

4. 11-12 Arizona State (56-84) neutral loss

5. 10-11 Winthrop (74-83) home loss

6. 11-12 Wofford (52-56) home loss

7. 10-11 Georgia Tech (39-74) road loss

8. 11-12 NC State (40-76) home loss

9. 10-11 UNC-W (69-81) home loss

10. 11-12 Clemson (58-78) home loss

11. 12-13 Nebraska (63-79) home loss

12. 10-11 Virginia Tech (65-94) road loss

13. 10-11 Georgia Tech (54-80) home loss

14. 11-12 Virginia (44-68) road loss

15. 12-13 Clemson (44-60) road loss

The duo of losses to Ga. Tech are hard to top when you consider that Tech was by far the second to worst team in the conference that year and we were far, far worse than them as evidenced by that fact they outscored us by a total of 61 points over 2 games.

There is absolutely, positively no reason why anybody in Wellman's position looking at Mydeaconmyhand's list should not call [Redacted] into his office and fire him on the spot this morning. This is a fucking joke.

That Iona game was remarkable. You kept thinking there was no way it could get worse and then it did.

Here's an easy way to make a top-10 list:

Losses to Sub-100 teams

Prosser (2003-2007) : 1
Gaudio (2008-2010) : 1
[Redacted] (2011-2013) : 10

The ink isn't even dry on one Bzz underachiement before there is another to replace it.

The ink isn't even dry on one Bzz underachiement before there is another to replace it.

0b2d5ef135732a323081857eba026025.jpg

I forget what it feels like to be disappointed in a loss. Losing a road game to Clemson 4 years ago would have ruined my whole fucking night. Now, i just check the score and :rulz:

very low. nobody could hit a shot accept oddly DThomas and CJ early. I thought we played hard defensively the whole game and had to chance to win with a run with 5 minutes left. Just my opinion, but I expect the team to come out ready to play against Vtech and get a win or lose in the final minute.

If I were a coach on this team though I'd have everyone go hard to the basket with two hands for the rest of the week. Get the foul. We went up so weak for so many layups and that is coachable. If you have weak hops go strong two hands

very low. nobody could hit a shot accept oddly DThomas and CJ early. I thought we played hard defensively the whole game and had to chance to win with a run with 5 minutes left. Just my opinion, but I expect the team to come out ready to play against Vtech and get a win or lose in the final minute.

If I were a coach on this team though I'd have everyone go hard to the basket with two hands for the rest of the week. Get the foul. We went up so weak for so many layups and that is coachable. If you have weak hops go strong two hands

This post ranks very low on the list of things that surprise me.

Too bad coaching isn't coachable.

At this point....ah fuck it. Nevermind

Then our coaching has been bad.

Also, you're right: this kind of thing shouldn't be surprising at this point. Par for the course...

I think this is all Hatch and Wellman is doing whatever is asked of him to save his job and keep his bag of a wife in furs.

The simplest explanation.

I was trying to criticize the coaching there. I don't understand why it is so hard to fathom that I can both root for team and the coaches and find fault with some of the preparation. It is a separate argument to whether he should stay or go and when he should be canned or if he should be.

I simply found that the team played pretty hard defensively despite not being able to hit a shot. We went very weak to the basket. That is coachable and also could have been addressed mid-game. That's on Bzd.

For fuck's sake. The world is gray. Not black or white.

With the pace of the game and how we had shown no offensive "crispness" whatsoever, the 14 point lead with 5 minutes to go may well have been 30. For a moment, when we got it to 12 with 4:50 remaining, I did think maybe a good run we could get right back in the game, then I remembered the prior sentence and rid myself of that delusion.

I'm so jealous of USC. Fire the failed coach before he can make a 2nd half run to save his job another year is a stroke of genius. I'd been fairly apathetic about whether to fire Bz now or at the end of the season, with a slight preference to do so on Friday of the ACC tournament. The 2-1 start made me nervous that he'd make a case for continued employment so I'm #BzOutRightDamnNow. Even despite last night, we can still win games predicated on how hot CJ is. With a hot CJ we can beat anyone below the top 3 at home and maybe, just maybe, steal a road game.

Last edited:
A 16 point loss to Clemson on the road = Meh. Top 20?

Back