• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which of the following is a sandwich?

Which of the following is a sandwich

• Total voters
I voted for chicken on a bun, but under the presumption that it was between two buns and not just on top of a bun.

I didn't vote for the veggie thing, but it probably qualifies. I just think meat has to be part of the equation.

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands_zpsc767fcbd.gif

It's a specific sandwich. It's just like you don't tell people you bought a Honda car.

Exactly, and if subs are sandwiches (which they are), then a chix parm is a sammy. If a chicken parm is a sammy, then so is a a sausage parm. If sausage parm is a sammy, then so is a hot dog. Meal on bread = sammich.

Exactly, and if subs are sandwiches (which they are), then a chix parm is a sammy. If a chicken parm is a sammy, then so is a a sausage parm. If sausage parm is a sammy, then so is a hot dog. Meal on bread = sammich.

hot dog bun does not equal sandwich bread

it all boils down to this: if a co-worker says they are headed out to pick up sandwiches for lunch, and they come back with a bunch of hot dogs, what is your reaction?

hot dog bun does not equal sandwich bread

Look at this richman here, all uppity because he can afford hot dog buns. Some of us don't have the luxury of buying special purpose bread to stock our maple cabinets full of, us common men make do with what we have.

3446131066_613a2e2f78.jpg

Reactions: BDL
You have never run out of bread and fixed a traditional sandwich on a hotdog bun?

I've done the opposite, put a hot dog on traditional sandwich bread, I called it a "hot dog sandwich" which is distinctly different than a traditional hot dog, which is not a sandwich

it all boils down to this: if a co-worker says they are headed out to pick up sandwiches for lunch, and they come back with a bunch of hot dogs, what is your reaction?

Same as it would be if said co-worker came back with a bunch of veggie sandwiches... "why the fuck did you get some shit that not everyone is going to like instead of a variety."

Setting aside the convoluted, transitive property theories...when have you heard the word 'sandwich' and thought of a hot dog?

If you that's a regular occurrence for you, I will direct you here.

Sausage parm has sliced meat, unlike a hot dog.

If you slice a hotdog in half and put it between bread, then it's a sandwich.

Back