• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which of the following is a sandwich?

Which of the following is a sandwich

• Total voters
Exactly, and if subs are sandwiches (which they are), then a chix parm is a sammy. If a chicken parm is a sammy, then so is a a sausage parm. If sausage parm is a sammy, then so is a hot dog. Meal on bread = sammich.

So is a taco a sandwich? Is a pizza?

from wiki:

Examples
Further information: List of sandwiches and List of American sandwiches

A hamburger, one of the most popular types of hot sandwiches

A Reuben sandwich
The following represent common varieties of American sandwich.[21]

BLT
Cheese sandwich
Club sandwich
Dagwood
French dip
Hamburger
Monte Cristo
Muffuletta
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Philadelphia cheesesteak
Pilgrim
Po' boy
Reuben
Sloppy joe
Submarine sandwich

What about a torta that has sliced hot dogs? I see that on the menu at the taqueria in my hood. A torta is def a sandwich.

i really love that this turned into a 3 page thread.

My 3 year old son likes hot dogs. We cook it, slice it up and put it on a plate. Q: What is that called? A: A HOT DOG. When put on a bun, it becomes a sandwich. Deal with it.

from wiki:

Examples
Further information: List of sandwiches and List of American sandwiches

A hamburger, one of the most popular types of hot sandwiches

A Reuben sandwich
The following represent common varieties of American sandwich.[21]

BLT
Cheese sandwich
Club sandwich
Dagwood
French dip
Hamburger
Monte Cristo
Muffuletta
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Philadelphia cheesesteak
Pilgrim
Po' boy
Reuben
Sloppy joe
Submarine sandwich

Ahhh, Ham & Cheese ? NOT a sandwich !

Veggies on bread is just a salad with someone too impatient to wait on croutons.

This is something that would be pondered on a Seinfeld episode, a la "Is soup a meal?" Just tedious, man.

yes it is, it's just flat (note that I did vote that a wrap is a sandwich).

whaaat - no way. tortillas are not bread, a quesadilla is not a sandwich.

This is something that would be pondered on a Seinfeld episode, a la "Is soup a meal?" Just tedious, man.

this episode was just on. timely reference.

it all boils down to this: if a co-worker says they are headed out to pick up sandwiches for lunch, and they come back with a bunch of hot dogs, what is your reaction?

Look at this richman here, all uppity because he can afford hot dog buns. Some of us don't have the luxury of buying special purpose bread to stock our maple cabinets full of, us common men make do with what we have.

3446131066_613a2e2f78.jpg

Great image of a boiled hot dog. While not bad, grilled is far superior to boiling.

whaaat - no way. tortillas are not bread, a quesadilla is not a sandwich.

btw I definitely do not think a quesadilla is a sandwich. I was playing devils advocate to the idea that a meal on bread = a sandwich. However, I do qualify a tortilla as a type of bread. They are in the bread aisle at the grocery store. Is my deli meat, cheese, lettuce wrap on a tortilla not a sandwich because it's not on bread? If not, then why are wraps under the sandwich category on menus? Is naan bread? is pita bread bread?

I know we said we weren't going to cover grilled cheese because that is universally accepted.

But I don't see anything in that list of options that would cover a pimento cheese sandwich because:
1. In my experience pimento cheese sandwiches are not usually grilled or toasted
2. The first category refers to sliced meat with cheese

What should we do to remedy this situation? Or what category does this classic get put into?

Pimento Cheese Sandwich is a sandwich. Disagree ? Take it up with the people at Augusta National in charge of sandwiches at The Masters.

Back