• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which of the following is a sandwich?

Which of the following is a sandwich

• Total voters
Ate lunch at a place called McCray's tavern today. Last on the list list of sandwiches was...........................................Hot Dog. Boom. Deal with it.

cross-referencing the people who either said a sub was not a sandwich or said that deli meat between bread is not a sandwich reveals a who's who of posters who are wrong a lot.

Here's a good rule of thumb for you, if something's called a "$filler sandwich" where $filler is whatever is inside the sandwich, it's a sandwich. A pimento cheese sandwich? Use the rule.

RTQ - i would say bread has to have some sort of leavening agent for me to consider it bread/for things made with it to be considered sandwiches. i don't think wraps/gyros are sandwiches. they're exactly that - wraps and gyros.

RTQ - i would say bread has to have some sort of leavening agent for me to consider it bread/for things made with it to be considered sandwiches. i don't think wraps/gyros are sandwiches. they're exactly that - wraps and gyros.

That's the dope talkin girl.

When you go to a restaurant, do you order a hamburger sandwich (or a ground beef sandwich)? No, you order a (ham)burger. When you go to bojangles or chick-fil-a do you order a chicken burger? No, you order a chicken sandwich. If you ordered a chicken burger, you'd get ground chicken pressed into a patty and cooked.

What kind of deviant goes to Bojangles and gets a chicken sandwich rather than a chicken biscuit (preferably Cajun)?

I'll accept that lbE. But to use earlier examples, I'd be a lot less surprised if someone said they were getting a sandwich platter and in the end it was really turkey wrapped in tortillas, than if it was hot dogs. IMO, a wrap is more a sandwich (based on the fillings I guess) than a hot dog or a hamburger is a sandwich.

Here's a good rule of thumb for you, if something's called a "$filler sandwich" where $filler is whatever is inside the sandwich, it's a sandwich. A pimento cheese sandwich? Use the rule.

Ah, but that brings something else into question...because the original name for hamburgers was hamburger sandwich. It was shortened over time to hamburger and now it is mostly just called a burger. Based on that logic then the hamburger would also be a sandwich.

candwich.jpg

So that candwich thing isn't as weird as I initially thought. I kind of thought it would come as a premade soggy sandwich, but you actually get the separate components

Candwich_container_and_contents.jpg

Hmmm... Never put desiccant on a PB&J. I guess I'll have to try it.

it's called unleavened BREAD. Leavening isn't what makes it bread.

What kind of deviant goes to Bojangles and gets a chicken sandwich rather than a chicken biscuit (preferably Cajun)?

is a chicken biscuit a sandwich? It is a meal served on bread.

Back