• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which of the following is a sandwich?

Which of the following is a sandwich

• Total voters
Flyers Fan Asks Jon Stewart If a Hot Dog Is a Sandwich

Napolitano really enjoys the question, calling the person who asked it "the smartest kid in the room." He then finally answers, saying a hot dog is something "completely different" than a sandwich. That's actually a wrong answer to the query. A hot dog may or may not be a sandwich — I remain unconvinced by either side's partisans — but one has to concede it's not completely different. It's similar.

Stewart weighs in as well, saying a hot dog is a sandwich. I asked my girlfriend if a hot dog was a sandwich, who texted back: "No. It's better." That may be a smart way to win this debate — you immediately move on to a different question, which is: Is a hot dog better than a sandwich? To which the answer is: Yes, I think so. One of the greatest meals I ever had was a hot dog from a cart at Frankford and Girard at 1 a.m.

The only way a hot dog is a sandwich is if you make a hot dog sandwich:

img_0111.jpg

I just remembered that I used to love eating vienna sausage sandwiches at my grandma's house as a little kid. I kinda want one now, even though it's almost certainly gross:

5406461722_25b4d06b46_b.jpg

so if you tear the hot dog bun, and turn it on its side, and lay the hot dog down, does that get you there?

seems like the objection has more to do with a round meat that doesn't really spread out to cover the bread very well, but if a meatball sub is a sandwich, why not?

so if you tear the hot dog bun, and turn it on its side, and lay the hot dog down, does that get you there?

seems like the objection has more to do with a round meat that doesn't really spread out to cover the bread very well, but if a meatball sub is a sandwich, why not?

This guy gets it.

As a carcinogen, are vienna sausages as bad or worse than cigarettes?

When you go to a restaurant, do you order a hamburger sandwich (or a ground beef sandwich)? No, you order a (ham)burger. When you go to bojangles or chick-fil-a do you order a chicken burger? No, you order a chicken sandwich. If you ordered a chicken burger, you'd get ground chicken pressed into a patty and cooked.

So if you put a slice of meatloaf in a bun, it's a meatloaf sandwich, right? There isn't a whole lot of difference between that and a hamburger.

I just remembered that I used to love eating vienna sausage sandwiches at my grandma's house as a little kid. I kinda want one now, even though it's almost certainly gross:

I used to love vienna sausages growing up. They were a staple snack in my home especially on day long fishing trips.

To add another level to this debate, how is a Vienna sausage pronounced? Vienna like the city, or VIE-EENA. The latter is how people from my hometown pronounce it.

I used to love vienna sausages growing up. They were a staple snack in my home especially on day long fishing trips.

To add another level to this debate, how is a Vienna sausage pronounced? Vienna like the city, or VIE-EENA. The latter is how people from my hometown pronounce it.

Also like the city...how they pronounce it in Vienna, GA. I grew up saying vye-EE-nuh but have changed over (for the most part) to the more common Vienna, Austria pronunciation.

Tomatoes are fruit.

Touche

Definitely Vienna like the city....someone said VYE-EENA to me recently and I could not figure out what they were talking about.

So if you put a slice of meatloaf in a bun, it's a meatloaf sandwich, right? There isn't a whole lot of difference between that and a hamburger.

but there is a difference

Also like the city...how they pronounce it in Vienna, GA. I grew up saying vye-EE-nuh but have changed over (for the most part) to the more common Vienna, Austria pronunciation.

Vienna, GA is pronounced "VIE-inna" not "vie-EE-nuh"

Just asked my lady friend and she said everything other than the double-down is a sandwich.

Back