• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which Team Will Finish Last in the ACC? CORRECT ANSWER: BOSTON COLLEGE

In this year's ACCT, the 12 seed will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It'll be GT.

We have 4 former top 100 recruits, Glen Rice Jr. and a functional 7 foot shot blocker. And we're going to finish dead fucking last in the worst fucking ACC in history.

Brian Gregory should just wear a clown suit on the sidelines. He's so far over his head it's not funny. He got outcoached by Bzzz last night, for Christ's sake.

At least Gregory looks like he knows what he's doing out there. The things he said after the game make a lot more sense than anything we hear from Bz for that matter too. The only time Bz reacted to anything at all last night was the Nikita dunk.

Yeah my girlfriend kept asking "why does [Redacted] clap after we throw the ball straight out of bounds" I didn't really have an answer for that.

Yeah my girlfriend kept asking "why does [Redacted] clap after we throw the ball straight out of bounds" I didn't really have an answer for that.

Indeed. He should be screaming at the top his lungs that the player is a F'ing A-hole. That would show passion, emotion, that he's really into the game. But, if he actually did that, he'd be throwing his players under the bus or is obviously unable to communicate with his team, has lost them, etc. Some of you guys really go to great extremes to paint Bz in the worst light possible--no matter what he does or does not do. The fact that he gives a little clap as if to say, come on, forget about it, move on (which is obviously what he's doing) is indicative of nothing negative. It's not really indicative of anything. Of course, on this board, it's a negative either way because it's Bz and it's obivous to everyone here that he's the Anti-Christ.

...or he could just act like a coach and tell them what they should have done in that situation. "Hey, next time, do it this way." Gregory did a lot of that last night.

Here's a quote as an example:

On whether he was happy with the way his defense played...

"No. Here is the deal. They killed us on the glass. For us to be good, we have to rebound well. So am I happy with our initial defense? Yeah, because it was pretty darn good. We forced some tough shots. We forced three or four shot clock violations. But you have to finish the play. We struggle finishing defensive possessions and we struggle finishing offensive possessions where me make a couple nice passes and get an open shot and we can't make it. On the defense, you have to finish it with defensive rebounds, I thought that was the key to the game. I thought that McKie, that was probably the fourth time this year where in winning time - the last eight or nine minutes of a close game - the other team had the toughest player on the court that made the big plays. We have yet to have that happen for us. At Maryland it was Mosely and this game it was McKie. You need guys to be able to make some plays or get some stops and rebounds, and we struggle in that department. And give McKie credit, he hit the big three, hit the basket off the shot clock situation on a baseline out of bounds, and he hit two free throws. He had seven straight points. I think we were probably up three at the time and he had seven straight points."

It sounds like he was pretty in tune with what was going on out there and broke things down well for a guy who hadn't had the opportunity to even watch the film yet. When have you ever heard anything that insightful from Bz? After watching that game last night and the way both coaches worked the sidelines I have zero doubt that GT will be better off long term with Gregory than we will be with Bz.

Their recruiting class is higher ranked than ours, too.

I voted for GT. Good God did they look bad last night.

I like how they were passing the ball out of bounds to different random people on the sideline when we weren't pressuring them. And together, both teams may have set an NCAA record for shot clock violations.

I like how they were passing the ball out of bounds to different random people on the sideline when we weren't pressuring them. And together, both teams may have set an NCAA record for shot clock violations.

I was wondering about this last night. What is the record for most shot clock violations in a game?

It sounds like he was pretty in tune with what was going on out there and broke things down well for a guy who hadn't had the opportunity to even watch the film yet. When have you ever heard anything that insightful from Bz? After watching that game last night and the way both coaches worked the sidelines I have zero doubt that GT will be better off long term with Gregory than we will be with Bz.

Their recruiting class is higher ranked than ours, too.

Not sure I agree. I think Gregory will be mediocre enough to get 5-6 years there. Whereas we're going to have to can Bzdk after next season, maybe this 1 if we're lucky. So if we can Bzdk sooner rather than later and hire someone decent, we'll be in better shape than them in 5-6 years. But if both programs were to retain both coaches, then yes, of course GT will be better off.

Gregory was plainly a bridge hire because of Hewitt's contract and the Thriller Dome renovations.

Not sure I agree. I think Gregory will be mediocre enough to get 5-6 years there. Whereas we're going to have to can Bzdk after next season, maybe this 1 if we're lucky. So if we can Bzdk sooner rather than later and hire someone decent, we'll be in better shape than them in 5-6 years. But if both programs were to retain both coaches, then yes, of course GT will be better off.

Gotta admit, I wasn't prepared for the Bz sucks so hard he'll get fired sooner counter argument. :D

Indeed. He should be screaming at the top his lungs that the player is a F'ing A-hole. That would show passion, emotion, that he's really into the game. But, if he actually did that, he'd be throwing his players under the bus or is obviously unable to communicate with his team, has lost them, etc. Some of you guys really go to great extremes to paint Bz in the worst light possible--no matter what he does or does not do. The fact that he gives a little clap as if to say, come on, forget about it, move on (which is obviously what he's doing) is indicative of nothing negative. It's not really indicative of anything. Of course, on this board, it's a negative either way because it's Bz and it's obivous to everyone here that he's the Anti-Christ.

:laugh:

If they have as outstanding an attendance as we did last night, it might be up in the air.

I remember 1 shot of the crowd behind a basket, and there was a guy at the top of the lower bowl, and there wasn't a soul for 8-10 rows below him and no one else in his section in those 8-10 rows. Maybe all the fans were in the upper deck last night.

after seeing GT last night i'll be very surprised if we finish below them. i'm not going to say we'll beat both BC and GT again but i think we are a (slightly) better team than both and should win both those games. GT was really really bad last night, and better night from CJ and hoping Chase does not shoot 1/8 from beyond the arc should get us a W in Atlanta

Don't be an idiot, he doesn't clap once or twice in a "go get them next time" manner, he claps aggressively like his team just hit a layup and needs to come down to press the ballhandler. Stop being a moron.

Back