• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which Team Will Finish Last in the ACC? CORRECT ANSWER: BOSTON COLLEGE

In this year's ACCT, the 12 seed will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a massive pile of suck.

Yes, and #s 5-8 ain't worth writing home about either. Although Gottfried has been better than I thought he'd be. State's playing somewhat decent ball, and he has a huge recruiting class coming in next year. Unfortunately, Ron Wellman apparently wouldn't want any of those type of kids at Wake.

Brian Gregory has now suspended Glen Rice Jr. indefinitely.

GT is going to finish 12th, and it probably won't be close.

Keep in mind that whatever abysmal record we end up with is actually propped up by the fact that we played 4 of the top 6 ACC teams only once this year (UNC, FSU, UVA, Miami).

Keep in mind that whatever abysmal record we end up with is actually propped up by the fact that we played 4 of the top 6 ACC teams only once this year (UNC, FSU, UVA, Miami).

Well that's a great way to look at things :rulz:

Well that's a great way to look at things :rulz:

It is an accurate way to look at things...

Note: I have no idea how many times the other bottom teams played the top 4 teams. But to "shake your head" at somebody pointing out a fact because you don't like what the fact says... that's just... weird.

It is an accurate way to look at things...

Note: I have no idea how many times the other bottom teams played the top 4 teams. But to "shake your head" at somebody pointing out a fact because you don't like what the fact says... that's just... weird.

It's far from a fact to assume that Wake still wouldn't have won as many games if the schedule had consisted of more games against the better teams. Wake beat BC, VT, and GT the first time playing them. Replacing the second games with those teams with more games against UNC, UVa and FSU just increase the possible blow out games, not the wins that WF already has. So I guess I took it as he was saying WF wouldn't have 3 conference wins against a "tougher" schedule, which I disagree with.

So I don't think that is being weird at all. You and I seem to have a different way of looking at things though so thats okay.

VT making a late run for last. Losing 31-28 to GT at the half at home.

Seriously, how bad is this VaTech team? There's no excuse to be in overtime with Glenn Rice-less GaTech.

Really wish it could be VPI or BC..but it is probably going to end up being Tech.

Update thru Saturday 2/18:

Currently:
VT: 4-8
BC: 3-9
WF: 3-10
GT: 2-10

KenPom Proj.:
VT: 5-11
GT: 4-12
WF: 4-12
BC: 4-12

VT is probably out of the running after that OT win over GT.

Georgia Tech is still actually in decent shape. They are favored in 3 of their final 4 games (@BC, home vs. Wake, home vs. Maryland). As a result, we've still got quite a race.

% chance of winning 4 or more conference games:
GT: 85%
WF: 80%
BC: 65%

Doesn't get much more even than that.

Remaining game:

VT:UVA, @Duke, @Clemson, NCSt
BC:Duke, @WF, GT, @Miami
WF: BC, Duke, @GT
GT: Clemson, MD, @BC, WF

VT is likely to go 0-4 and end up at 4-12

BC should go 1-3 and end up at 4-12

GT is like to likely to lose out to end up 2-14

I think we can go 2-1 to end up at 5-11. At worst we lost to GT there and end up tied with BC amd VT, but since we beat them both we end up in 9th place.

I mean at worse we lose out, we've won 4 conference games in a year and a half no win is guaranteed.

That said, I'll stick with my prediction from last week:

12. Tech
11. BC
10. VPI
9. Wake

Wake beats BC and GT, VPI gets beat down by their tough end of season schedule and we tie with them. This leaves us playing Clemson in the first game on Thursday and getting us run out of the gym.

Back