• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which Team Will Finish Last in the ACC? CORRECT ANSWER: BOSTON COLLEGE

In this year's ACCT, the 12 seed will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is a 16% chance VT loses out. There is a 2% chance GT loses out.

Just for reference, Wake is 22% to lose out, and BC is 34%

VT:UVA, @Duke, @Clemson, NCSt
BC: Duke, @WF, GT, @Miami
WF: BC, Duke, @GT
GT: Clemson, MD, @BC, WF

VT: 1-3
BC: 1-3
WF: 1-2
GT: 1-3

Wouldn't be surprised if GT beats one of Clemson and Maryland at home too.

The ONLY game VT has a chance to win is UVA. After that they will have quit and are playing much better teams.

I kinda agree with RJ, they might beat UVA at home since they've already beat them in Charlottesville, but I don't see anyway they beat Duke or Clemson on the road and State will need that win in the season finale to push them closer to a tourney bid.

Is there any way all 4 teams could finish tied for 9th at say 4-12?

The ONLY game VT has a chance to win is UVA. After that they will have quit and are playing much better teams.

I strongly disagree. They are favored against NCSt on Kenpom. Even if you think that is a bit extreme, I think you can at least admit they have a realistic chance. They are 11-5 at home this year, with all 5 losses coming against teams that are better than State.

They also already beat Clemson this year, in a game that was nowhere near as close as the final score would indicate. That's very much a winnable game. VT has a better chance of passing Maryland for 8th than coming in last imo.

Like pretty much every team that loses a ton of close games, VT is significantly underrated.

Is there any way all 4 teams could finish tied for 9th at say 4-12?

Yep. Very unlikely though. A 3-way tie at 4-12 is a real possibility though (in which case, Wake would not come in last).

VT sucks. They aren't underrated. It took luck to win in OT versus GT.

State and UVA have something to play for and VT is falling apart.

Since VT will be favored or a toss up against State at home, they have a chance to win that game.

10 of VPI's 12 conference games have been decided by 5 points or less, including all 4 of their wins. Their last 3 games have all been decided by 1 point and 4 of their last 5 games have been decided by a total of 5 points (3-1 record in those games).

That's nuts.

10 of VPI's 12 conference games have been decided by 5 points or less, including all 4 of their wins. Their last 3 games have all been decided by 1 point and 4 of their last 5 games have been decided by a total of 5 points (3-1 record in those games).

That's nuts.

No such thing as a less of a point in basketball. You must mean fewer.

Georgia Tech loses at home by 19 against Clemson. Was only a couple weeks ago they nearly won at Littlejohn.

I'd say Wake has a great shot at 10th now.

Per the transitive sports property, I'm still not feeling great about @GT, but as long as we take care of business on Saturday that likely won't matter.

Back