• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

White fragility in the workplace

Sorry about math. I hope it doesn't hurt your sincerely held personal beliefs and other feelings.

Ehh trolls gonna troll. I enjoy having engaging personal conversations with people with whom I vehemently disagree when they aren't disingenuous.

Ehh trolls gonna troll. I enjoy having engaging personal conversations with people with whom I vehemently disagree when they aren't disingenuous.

Name-calling and questioning sincerity. It's the place you go when data and math stopped being your friends. Don't like someone's argument or the data they cite to support it? Call them a name! Epistemic for the People.

Last edited:
Name-calling and questioning sincerity. It's the place you go when data and math stopped being your friends. Don't like someone's argument or the data they cite to support it? Call them a name! Epistemic for the People.

Except, once more, the data you site has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

POC: Please don't touch my hair.
JHMD: Please don't have children out of wedlock.
POC: ...

POC: Please don't touch my hair.
JHMD: Please don't have children out of wedlock.
POC: ...

POC: Well, there isn't enough food in the fridge and my children's failing school doesn't have enough parent volunteers to have a PTA this year.
Townie: But did anyone touch your hair today?

This thread isn't about hunger or the PTA, but you knew that. Once presented with level-headed responses on the issue and tangible ways to improve a small part of life for others, you decided it was better to flip through your four-item Rolodex and find the "Black" card and copy-and-paste. The alternative -- acknowledging someone else's experience and trying to operate from a position of empathy -- wasn't in your arsenal, it appears. Find one post on here or one person who believes this is a silver bullet solution to anything other than what it sets out to address.

This isn't moving the goal posts, this is switching the entire sport.

This thread isn't about hunger or the PTA, but you knew that. Once presented with level-headed responses on the issue and tangible ways to improve a small part of life for others, you decided it was better to flip through your four-item Rolodex and find the "Black" card and copy-and-paste. The alternative -- acknowledging someone else's experience and trying to operate from a position of empathy -- wasn't in your arsenal, it appears. Find one post on here or one person who believes this is a silver bullet solution to anything other than what it sets out to address.

This isn't moving the goal posts, this is switching the entire sport.

The always curious but omnipresent "You refuse to refuse to talk about the things that are causing epidemic problems...you must not care as much of those of us who do refuse to talk about them" charge. A tradition truly unlike any other.

POC: Well, there isn't enough food in the fridge and my children's failing school doesn't have enough parent volunteers to have a PTA this year.

once again, according to republicans it's ridiculous to be upset about unwanted touching of your personage

The always curious but omnipresent "You refuse to refuse to talk about the things that are causing epidemic problems...you must not care as much of those of us who do refuse to talk about them" charge. A tradition truly unlike any other.

not even close

not even close

What you call a "failure to empathize" might also be a "failure to settle for an unacceptable outcome." If you find the epidemic problems and their manifestly limiting consequences acceptable, just say so.

woof

What you call a "failure to empathize" might also be a "failure to settle for an unacceptable outcome." If you find the epidemic problems and their manifestly limiting consequences acceptable, just say so.

I'm talking about the stuff in the video, empathizing with being a minority in a white dominant culture.

Keep trying to change the discussion though.

I'm talking about the stuff in the video, empathizing with being a minority in a white dominant culture.

Keep trying to change the discussion though.

Do you think a stable household, completed education and career would help with that, or no?

Back