• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whitehouse

You've proved my point. Make a negative comment about the current administration and it immediately goes to "but Trump has done worse!"
In the interest of putting whataboutism to bed, I will say that there is no alternate universe version of 2023 that makes either of these incidents a story that merits more than a post or two-not even one where Republicans denounce Trump, and both Trump and Republicans shut up for the next seven years instead of embarrassing the country. That said, the shitshow that is the current state of Republican politics makes caring about this even more absurd.

Yeah, really wish Biden would step aside.

I know there are many octogenarians that have have perfectly good mental faculties, etc., and this is anecdotal, but I've watched my 80 year old mother's mental faculties rapidly decrease and the progression seems only to accelerate. It might have been because of her ability to mask memory lapses, and slowed processing (and looking back we can see some of that), but her descent from "normal" memories issues with aging to dementia was frighteningly fast (Absolutely not claiming Biden has dementia). Between this personal experience and what happened/is happening with Feinstein, it also makes me a little uneasy.

I know there are many octogenarians that have have perfectly good mental faculties, etc., and this is anecdotal, but I've watched my 80 year old mother's mental faculties rapidly decrease and the progression seems only to accelerate. It might have been because of her ability to mask memory lapses, and slowed processing (and looking back we can see some of that), but her descent from "normal" memories issues with aging to dementia was frighteningly fast (Absolutely not claiming Biden has dementia). Between this personal experience and what happened/is happening with Feinstein, it also makes me a little uneasy.
I really would love to see us evolve beyond a gerontocracy.

And I definitely think the Republican and Democrat parties are both pitiful at the moment. I would just like to see a little more parity in the representation on these boards. I know that will never happen but oh well.
Have you demonstrated parity in your comments here?

I think if you want to go political with this it's that the Biden administration seems ok with their staff and family members using cocaine while at the same time maintaining draconian drug policies. In most places possession of just small amounts of cocaine is a felony, this is absolutely insane.

I think you could make an argument that the Biden administration laughing off cocaine in the West Wing is a big deal to family members of people who are currently doing hard time for possession of small amounts of the drug.

I’d probably be ok with Joe doing a couple rails a day at this point to stay crisp.
Honestly he would be better off doing amphetamines, but yea a crispy one before a big speech honestly seems needed.

The thread I started was more of a statement on the climate when dealing with opposing viewpoints as related to conservatives vs. liberals. I really don't give a shit if Hunter snorts coke off of the topless tranny in the White House kitchen. I acknowledge it was a poor topic to pick to give that example. My complaint is the instant name calling and cursing and childlike tantrums from some.
You admit you started a stupid thread and are upset you were called out for starting a stupid thread? Snowflake

I think if you want to go political with this it's that the Biden administration seems ok with their staff and family members using cocaine while at the same time maintaining draconian drug policies. In most places possession of just small amounts of cocaine is a felony, this is absolutely insane.

I think you could make an argument that the Biden administration laughing off cocaine in the West Wing is a big deal to family members of people who are currently doing hard time for possession of small amounts of the drug.
source?

Still don't know what the deal is with the cocaine, but depending on where it was found it seems like yet another example of the Secret Service doing a bad job with security. Don't really get how it reflects on the Biden administration unless it was Joe Biden or Kamala Harris's personal cocaine.

Still don't know what the deal is with the cocaine, but depending on where it was found it seems like yet another example of the Secret Service doing a bad job with security. Don't really get how it reflects on the Biden administration unless it was Joe Biden or Kamala Harris's personal cocaine.
The cocaine story feels like that SCOTUS leak.

Biden is becoming the Dino Gaudio of Presidents. Should have just been an interim President to get rid of Trump but now we are looking at a long-term contract that just does not make sense. Kinda working out of order though, as Trump is definitely the Redacted of Presidents.

what is concern trolling?

Speaking of the Secret Service being hilariously bad at its job, like Keystone Cops bad, highly recommend picking up Zero Fail. Also offers some very interesting insights into the personalities and habits of some presidents and their families.

I will admit to creating a stupid thread. I will admit that I really don't care that those things took place at the White House. I will admit I misspelled "White House" or "iPhone". I will agree that Trump has done and said some really stupid and harmful things. I will agree that the Republican party has lost their way. I can promise you that the "attacking" or cursing may be a complaint I have but it doesn't offend me in a way that makes me a victim. However, my observations on this board is that negative comments regarding left-leaning or democratic politicians is normally greeted with automatic defense mode retaliation. I’m not stating that the retaliation offends me. I’m stating that it doesn’t give credence to the other viewpoint or make me think “hmmm… I never thought of it that way” or I can see their point of view now” . I can probably go ahead and type all the replies that I’m gonna get such as “if you are not seeing things our way then you have brain rot and will never understand” or “if you like anything about Trump then f@@k you!”.

If anything, you would think that the age of some of these politicians would demystify the difficulty of the actual work for the general public. I know there are some people in their 80s or 90s who can remain somewhat mentally sharp, but if an 80 year old can be president and Chuck Grassley, who's a million fucking years old, can perform the basic functions of his job then they can't be that hard.

Back