• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

who should play in the national championship??

At some point, it cycles back to Bama. The big question is, where is that point? It's well before Okie St. Maybe before Mizzou.

I think at that point Michigan St or Clemson would have to be in the conversation, too. What a mess.

If Missouri wins the SEC, they belong as well. Their only loss was a 2 OT game without their starting QB.

It really is shaping up to be a total train wreck.

If Missouri wins the SEC, they belong as well. Their only loss was a 2 OT game without their starting QB.

It really is shaping up to be a total train wreck.

Yeah I really don't see how they can dip below Missouri at current BCS #5. Alabama isn't going to drop below Okie St I don't think.

Yeah, okay.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken
Auburn AD Jay Jacobs: "A 1-loss SEC team that wins in Atlanta can't get left out (of the BCS title game). It's impossible."

I think it's quite possible and will happen if FSU beats Duke and tOSU beats Sparty.

Where does duke go? With clemson likely to get the L, they'll head to the chick fil a bowl. What about the dookies?

Ohio has two players. Hyde and Miller. They have no chance in the BCS.

The worst case scenario: tO$U and F$U meet in the BCS and famous Jamesis is ruled ineligible. UGH

1-loss SEC champ Auburn should jump undefeated Big Ten champ tOSU, imo. Wins over Bama, aTm, UGA, and (under this scenario) Mizzou is more impressive than tOSU.

1-loss SEC champ Mizzou should not jump undefeated Big Ten champ tOSU. No win over Bama and playing in a watered-down SEC east really weaken the resume compared to Auburn.

edited to add: But it's a little bit ironic that it's looking like the last year of the BCS won't be all that controversial. If FSU and OSU win, really tough to say they got it wrong (even though, as I say above, I'd put Auburn over OSU). If one of FSU or OSU loses, hard for any other 1-loss team to argue it should be in over a 1-loss SEC champ.

Last edited:
1-loss SEC champ Auburn should jump undefeated Big Ten champ tOSU, imo. Wins over Bama, aTm, UGA, and (under this scenario) Mizzou is more impressive than tOSU.

1-loss SEC champ Mizzou should not jump undefeated Big Ten champ tOSU. No win over Bama and playing in a watered-down SEC east really weaken the resume compared to Auburn.

edited to add: But it's a little bit ironic that it's looking like the last year of the BCS won't be all that controversial. If FSU and OSU win, really tough to say they got it wrong (even though, as I say above, I'd put Auburn over OSU). If one of FSU or OSU loses, hard for any other 1-loss team to argue it should be in over a 1-loss SEC champ.

But if Mizzou also beats Auburn they deserve to go. SEC is far & away the best conference in the country and if you go 7-1 plus win the SECCG and are 12-1 you deserve to be in the title game.

But if Mizzou also beats Auburn they deserve to go. SEC is far & away the best conference in the country and if you go 7-1 plus win the SECCG and are 12-1 you deserve to be in the title game.

Hard to say for Missouri. If they win next week it would be their best win by far. Up to this point they really haven't beaten anyone that great.

Where does duke go? With clemson likely to get the L, they'll head to the chick fil a bowl. What about the dookies?

Think Clemson will still get the OB. Would be a pretty big F-U to the ACC for the Orange Bowl to take someone else, especially when there aren't too many other candidates that are miles better.

OB folks likely will be rooting hard for Sparty so they can get Clemson-Ohio State

Think Clemson will still get the OB. Would be a pretty big F-U to the ACC for the Orange Bowl to take someone else, especially when there aren't too many other candidates that are miles better.

OB folks likely will be rooting hard for Sparty so they can get Clemson-Ohio State

OB will almost certainly choose Bama since they have first dibs this year.

I know FSU is unanimous number 1, but really why is their schedule that much better than OSU. They play in what is also a really shitty ACC conference. Their marquee wins are over a Clemson team and a very very overrate Miami team. OSU marquee wins over a Wisconsin team and a very very overrated Northwestern team. They get to play Duke in the ACC championship to secure a birth in the National Championship, OSU gets to play MSU. One being much harder than the other. I hate OSU and how they luck into the championship games but this is a case where undefeated in a power conference pretty much should trump all. In reality we had probably a more exciting game in Auburn vs Alabama than we will see in any matchup. Just like last year how it was UGA vs Alabama in the championship that was way better than the eventually shitshow Notre Dame. Its why the playoff was needed to get at least some good championship game. In reality Id love to see all the top 10 teams play each other.

OB will almost certainly choose Bama since they have first dibs this year.

Ah yes, excellent point. Nevermind, they will be huge Ohio State fans.

I know FSU is unanimous number 1, but really why is their schedule that much better than OSU. They play in what is also a really shitty ACC conference. Their marquee wins are over a Clemson team and a very very overrate Miami team. OSU marquee wins over a Wisconsin team and a very very overrated Northwestern team. They get to play Duke in the ACC championship to secure a birth in the National Championship, OSU gets to play MSU

Some good points here. FSU got really lucky that the schedule set up to where Clemson and Miami were unbeaten when they played them and those were marquee primetime games, while OSU was unlucky Wisconsin had a loss (on a controversial finish @ a then-underrated Arizona State team). Though the Wisky win looks less impressive after today -- they were a top 5 Sagarin team but that will fall after their inexplicable home loss to Penn State

Last edited:
Back