• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

who should play in the national championship??

lol this is an engaging debate but Ohio State still has to beat Sparty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for who should play in the championship my vote would be for FSU (assuming they beat Duke and Winston is eligible) v. The SEC Champ.

This is a) the right answer and b) won't happen.

It would be the most O$U thing ever to back into the national title on a) a missed two point conversion by an unranked team b) b/c a team that played real competition all season lost on a 109 yard return on the last second on the road against the #4 team in the country and c) b/c their opponent had their starting quarterback indicted on a he-said, she-said case. Ideally, there would also be a garbage penalty to finish Satan's work and anoint them as champions, as in year's past.

What is a scenario where people would be okay with tOSU being in this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OSU is sufficiently ahead of Auburn such that essentially it's Ohio State in the NC if they with the Big 11 and the SEC champion if they lose. Given the current numbers it's not really possible for a one loss SEC team to jump them next week if they win.

I think the sports media overestimated how much the computers liked Auburn in an attempt to create more talk and drama the last 24 hours.

Prediction: Missouri will beat Auburn. Michigan State will beat Ohio State. The national championship will be Florida State versus Alabama.

This might be possible after BCS rankings today. But I would still think Mizzou would jump with an Auburn win and tOSU loss

OSU is sufficiently ahead of Auburn such that essentially it's Ohio State in the NC if they with the Big 11 and the SEC champion if they lose. Given the current numbers it's not really possible for a one loss SEC team to jump them next week if they win.

I think the sports media overestimated how much the computers liked Auburn in an attempt to create more talk and drama the last 24 hours.

Yeah, I was surprised at that. Auburn is closer to Ohio St in the polls than in the computers. And playing Mich St will help OSU in the computers. Even if Auburn wins by 3 touchdowns and OSU by 1 point, hard to imagine enough voters moving Auburn up for them to jump OSU.

Prediction: Missouri will beat Auburn. Michigan State will beat Ohio State. The national championship will be Florida State versus Alabama.

Prediction: Duke beats FSU. Michigan State beats OSU. SEC champ vs. Bama. Bama backs into another National Championship without winning its division of its conference.

Computers don't factor in margin of victory, so to them osu could have won by 35

The only way Alabama goes is if FSU and OSU both lose. Missouri will jump and idle Bama if they beat Auburn.

Just heard Kirk Herbstreit say on ESPN radio that he would pick OSU over Auburn on a neutral field. Interesting. I think it's very possible both OSU and Auburn lose on Saturday, with Auburn being more likely.

Herbstreit an OSU homer, never. He didn't think auburn would beat Bama either. Auburn by two TDs over OSU. And yes, I'm an Auburn homer

What is a scenario where people would be okay with tOSU being in this game?

F$U loses.
Missouri beats Auburn in an ugly game.
tOSU thumps Sparty.

Bama vs. tOSU

Just heard Kirk Herbstreit say on ESPN radio that he would pick OSU over Auburn on a neutral field. Interesting.

Can't imagine why he would think that.
a2079291271d0c0bad6cc1_m.jpg

Back