• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who's going to Deacon Tower at 5?

I really hope we get a good amount of fans here. [Redacted] was (is) such a draining experience. Time to get some enthusiasm back.

Wellman, Barry Faircloth.

I don't think Jim Grobe will be there

I really hope we get a good amount of fans here. [Redacted] was (is) such a draining experience. Time to get some enthusiasm back.

Bzzz might be there to welcome his new co-worker, that will add to the excitement!!!!

Well I wouldn't get your hopes up. Students are in the middle of finals week and it's fairly short notice for a lot of locals.

Well I wouldn't get your hopes up. Students are in the middle of finals week and it's fairly short notice for a lot of locals.

I mean, I consider a "decent turnout" to be 30-40 people. If there are 50+, I'd be really impressed.

So will dinner be served and what will the limit be on the number of items one can eat?

I'd actually go if I could. Work commitment at 5:15 that I can't get out of. As much as I'm over just about everything in Wake athletics, I'm excited for the long overdue change in football direction. The more I think about it Clawson is a great hire for us historically. I'd like to go welcome him.

I'd actually go if I could. Work commitment at 5:15 that I can't get out of. As much as I'm over just about everything in Wake athletics, I'm excited for the long overdue change in football direction. The more I think about it Clawson is a great hire for us historically. I'd like to go welcome him.

You had me until this point. Then, the sound of glass breaking. Let's all agree to purge the "H-bomb" from our vocabs, k?

You had me until this point. Then, the sound of glass breaking. Let's all agree to purge the "H-bomb" from our vocabs, k?

Ha ha. True that. Let me rephrase: This hire seems better than our past football hires. Heck, it's even pretty good compared to basketball hires, too. Also, having seen that photoshop of him in deacon gear, he just looks like a coach. I got used to seeing Grobe's blank stare, and don't get me started with Buzz. Claw looks energetic.

Ha ha. True that. Let me rephrase: This hire seems better than our past football hires. Heck, it's even pretty good compared to basketball hires, too. Also, having seen that photoshop of him in deacon gear, he just looks like a coach. I got used to seeing Grobe's blank stare, and don't get me started with Buzz. Claw looks energetic.

I agree. I hope the cupboard isn't completely bare, given the wake left by Nikita, Camp and the experience leaving the offensive backfield. I hope people are patient with him...and I hope he breaks the tape on his first ACC win ahead of Doeren. Suck it, Statefan.

I agree. I hope the cupboard isn't completely bare, given the wake left by Nikita, Camp and the experience leaving the offensive backfield. I hope people are patient with him...and I hope he breaks the tape on his first ACC win ahead of Doeren. Suck it, Statefan.

Last year's true and redshirt freshmen are two solid classes. He'll have a solid foundation to build on. Next year will be rough, but by 2015 we could be bowling again.

If Clawson can find a serviceable quarterback out of what is currently at Wake, the team might just squeeze out 6 wins and get to the last ACC bowl, or fill a spot another conference can't. Maintain the four wins Wake had this year with next year's equivalents, flip the UL-Monroe game by not doing something totally stupid, and then squeeze out one more win from the BC, Syracuse, Miami, Vanderbilt close losses equivalents next year, and there you have 6 wins for bowl eligibility.Maybe not highly likely, but not an impossible goal.

I mean, I consider a "decent turnout" to be 30-40 people. If there are 50+, I'd be really impressed.

Do we know if he has a meting planned with the team today? if not, I'd expect at last 30 or so players to show up to check out their new coach for the first time.

Back