• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why so quiet on....

Camp's measurables are what is going to hold him back on draft day - Camp doesn't have elite size at only 5'11" and 190 lbs, and he isn't exactly known for his breakout speed. Let's not forget that Givens measured in at 5'11" and 198 lbs and then tacked on a 4.35s 40 time and still fell to the 96th pick in the draft.

I thought Camp was one of the fastest guys on the team? Remember a couple of years ago we heard he and JRoc raced and Camp only lost by a hair?

Edited to add: His Bio listed him as 4.41 in the 40 coming out of high school. Not that those things are ever exaggerated:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I thought Camp was one of the fastest guys on the team? Remember a couple of years ago we heard he and JRoc raced and Camp only lost by a hair?

Edited to add: His Bio listed him as 4.41 in the 40 coming out of high school. Not that those things are ever exaggerated:thumbsup:

I don't remember that at all, but I've been wrong before. Camp certain has great separation ability, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't remember that at all, but I've been wrong before. Camp certain has great separation ability, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, Imabehere reported the results of the sprint competition and Camp was in the top 3 with Jroc and someone else (Givens?) and just barely lost. I think he'll have a good 40 time at the combine.

I remember hearing abt this. They raced the first time and no one could tell who won, they raced the second time and jRoc barely beat him.

Camp is fast and shifty. End of discussion.

Next topic???

JROC posted consecutive 40's @ 4.25 (hand held) and Campanaro put up a 4.25 and 4.26.

Campanaro beat Givens in head to head sprints as did JROC.

Watch out for Johnny Armstrong. He is on the cusp of Elite Speed. Also will not be surprised to see Bud Noel, KJ and Sherman in the same category come timing day.

Camp is probably faster than Givens. If Givens made it, Camp should make it.

If Camp got drafted by the Panthers I think I would die and go to heaven.

I would have about 6 of those jerseys.

I'd love to see Camp get a shot with the Panthers. If he went to Denver it would be a great opportunity for him to learn under Welker (best slot receiver in the game), and Manning. That's probably the best case scenario for Mike.

Like learning under Smitty would suck. You actively passed up an appropriate cross-race comparison.

An argument can be made that Camp really helped Chris with the attention the safetys had to give him. I distinctly remember the MD game Givens jr year and they doubled Camp the whole game and Givens had a huge game because of it..

Camp has not had the luxury of a second threat.

From what im hearing the Broncos/Panthers/jets will not let him slip past 3rd round...

He doesn't need to be a Bronco they have enough of his type on their team.

Like learning under Smitty would suck. You actively passed up an appropriate cross-race comparison.

That's a great post, ph.

We should not forget that Campanaro, @ Death Valley, scored without even being "tagged" from over 50 yards out. Usually somebody will at least touch 'you'.

He also has the best individual play I've seen by a Deacon in the highlight versus NCSU. (Phonz's interception and return was much more meaningful and clutch). Nevertheless,as a single demonstration of athletic prowess...it stands as a gem. Tanner Price delivers a rocket-slant perfectly to a racing Campanaro...and from there, it is pure "Sandlot" as Mike's instincts take hold and he commences 'using' all 4 Wolf Pack secondary-men. Abuse of Amerson, Wolff, etc.,... About 3 pro footballers.

This guy is special...he'll have to become as tough and gritty as Steve Smith, but he could do it.Great comparison, IMO.

Camp doesn't have Smith's intangibles but not many do.

Back