• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why so quiet on....

That's debatable. He's very good, no doubt. Best? Let's have that discussion.

Yes, let's say hello to Ricky Proehl, James Brim, Desmond Clarkamong just a few of the great ones we have had.

Honestly, I'm just not expecting much out of this team. Price hasn't been able to overcome poor o-line play, and we've been vanilla offensively (gutless) for several years. Plus, we can't stop anyone.

Our Oline was trashed. I want to see Tanner behind a serviceable line. He has that chance this season. Now, if we choose to cut block we may make things happen on the ground. If not, I have no idea how we move the ball outside some misdirection. I really think this should be Lobo's last chance to make things happen. He's called great games but they are interspersed with many predictable games. I like to watch people in a make or break situation.

Lobo is not in a make or break situation. Wishful thinking.

If we're not good this year we won't be good any year. We have a four year starter at QB, essentially a four year starter at running back, a top fifteen receiver in the nation, a defensive front seven that should be able to get consistent pressure in the back field and a secondary that has three guys who can be all-acc.

I feel like lectro, but this team has some talent. I'm really excited to see what the young guys can do on the offensive line. Helms has been hyped a lot but I think he's going to be an absolute beast.

If we're not good this year we won't be good any year. We have a four year starter at QB, essentially a four year starter at running back, a top fifteen receiver in the nation, a defensive front seven that should be able to get consistent pressure in the back field and a secondary that has three guys who can be all-acc.

I feel like lectro, but this team has some talent. I'm really excited to see what the young guys can do on the offensive line. Helms has been hyped a lot but I think he's going to be an absolute beast.

I would agree with this observation. If this team can't win this year -- and I personally don't think they will, but anything can happen -- then the writing absolutely should be on the wall with this program.

I would agree with this observation. If this team can't win this year -- and I personally don't think they will, but anything can happen -- then the writing absolutely should be on the wall with this program.

You do realize we have a certifiable nutcase running the asylum. Right?

Any talk about best receivers at Wake should include Todd Dixon. That guy was fucking amazing. Big Des was great, but Dixon would have been unbelievable in either the system Caldwell installed by the time Clark got to town or in the screen/option/drag route system that Campanaro has been running.

And as has been said, Givens was (and is) unbelievable as a receiver. The chances of Campanaro being drafted higher than him are relatively slim.

I believe if we had better QB play in the past then one of my all-time favorites, Jason Anderson, would be known as the best receiver in WF history. Guy had some serious talent, we just ran the ball 10 times for every 1 pass when he was here.

Good point, pirate.

Just finished Dan's latest article on our kicking game and found this to be odd. Sam Swank, perhaps the best kicker in WF history, is a grad asst working with the Inside Linebackers. What's up with that? Seems like he would be better suited working with the kicking team.

Can't make this stuff up.

My guess is that it's better for his career to be on one side of the ball. My hope is that he's working with special teams anyway.

My guess is that it's better for his career to be on one side of the ball. My hope is that he's working with special teams anyway.

There's no way he's not working with the kickers a good bit.

Exactly. Probably hard to rise up the ranks if you are solely a kicking coach.

Which is a shame. In an ideal world, a special teams guru would rise up the ladders quickly in college.

the best special teams coach (imo) is actually urban meyer. he coaches special teams usually.

the best special teams coach (imo) is actually urban meyer. he coaches special teams usually.

Blasphemy, everybody knows there is no other special teams guru other than Frank Beamer!!!! Have you never heard of "Beamer Ball????":rolleyes:

Back