• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why so quiet on....

can't tell if you're being sarcastic

plus UM came on the national scene like 7 years ago, beamer had that rep 20 years ago. plenty of time for someone to overtake frank or for him to regress.

Beamer is better at not developing Murderers though.

can't tell if you're being sarcastic

plus UM came on the national scene like 7 years ago, beamer had that rep 20 years ago. plenty of time for someone to overtake frank or for him to regress.

Beamer is better at not developing Murderers though.

I was.

22890 -

....a defensive front seven that should be able to get consistent pressure in the back field and a secondary that has three guys who can be all-acc.

I respectfully advise you to take a deep breath on this. This front seven has to date NOT been able to put consistant pressure on any backfield in their careers and nowhere have I seen or heard any legitimate source refer to any of our DB's as breakthrough All-ACC. In fact Grobe is praying the transfer from Air Force gets cleared so he can start him immediately. That should tell you/us something.

22890 -

I respectfully advise you to take a deep breath on this. This front seven has to date NOT been able to put consistant pressure on any backfield in their careers and nowhere have I seen or heard any legitimate source refer to any of our DB's as breakthrough All-ACC. In fact Grobe is praying the transfer from Air Force gets cleared so he can start him immediately. That should tell you/us something.

Marshall and KJ have already been honorable mention all acc and bud was a freshman all american. I blame our lack of defensive pressure on blitz schemes we've used and I've mentioned several times that we need to change that up.

22890 -

Considering there are 3 DBs who do have All-ACC honors doesn't make that statement seem too outrageous

Yet we were 100th in the nation in pass defense last year, 95th in yards per attempt.

The only reason teams stopped passing was because it was a blowout.

Last 3 games:

State: 25/43, 258 yards, 1 INT
ND: 22/36, 363 yards, 1 INT
Vandy: 17/23, 229 yards, 1 INT

Last edited:
Yet we were 100th in the nation in pass defense last year, 95th in yards per attempt.

The only reason teams stopped passing was because it was a blowout.

The best corners in the world can't guard receivers forever. Issue was we had zero pass rush and some injury problems. No pressure on the quarterback correlates to a bad pass defense I would think.

Not much those DBs can do when front 7 is poor and the D is always on the field bc of bad offense and punting on own 37

Just to go further, our secondary is the best sector we have on the team by far in my opinion.

I think the D-Line should be pretty solid as well.

Agreed which goes to my original point that the front seven should be able to get in the backfield with some consistency and our secondary should be breaking up a lot of passes and creating turnovers.

An argument can be made that Camp really helped Chris with the attention the safetys had to give him. I distinctly remember the MD game Givens jr year and they doubled Camp the whole game and Givens had a huge game because of it..

Camp has not had the luxury of a second threat.

From what im hearing the Broncos/Panthers/jets will not let him slip past 3rd round...

Wayne Baumgardner wasn't catching 5 yard dinks, either.

This. I immediately thought of him. My next thought was Desmond Clark.

After that...? Maybe Ricky, but I think of him more as a pro.

Last edited:
An argument can be made that Camp really helped Chris with the attention the safetys had to give him. I distinctly remember the MD game Givens jr year and they doubled Camp the whole game and Givens had a huge game because of it..

Camp has not had the luxury of a second threat.

From what im hearing the Broncos/Panthers/jets will not let him slip past 3rd round...

I'd love to see Camp get a shot with the Panthers. If he went to Denver it would be a great opportunity for him to learn under Welker (best slot receiver in the game), and Manning. That's probably the best case scenario for Mike.

Camp's measurables are what is going to hold him back on draft day - Camp doesn't have elite size at only 5'11" and 190 lbs, and he isn't exactly known for his breakout speed. Let's not forget that Givens measured in at 5'11" and 198 lbs and then tacked on a 4.35s 40 time and still fell to the 96th pick in the draft.

Back