• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why would [Redacted] even want to be here????

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
The fans can't stand him, I doubt truth be told most of the players don't like playing for him, it's obvious he doesn't like dealing with the media. You'd think he'd say enough and leave and go get a job as an NBA assistant of scout or something, where he isn't the face of the team and doesn't have to deal with the media and fan criticism. Of course I know the answer is money, but there's no way the man could living a happy life right now. If the story is true that Bzzzz wanted to resign after his first season here and Wellman talked him out of it, Wellman needs to be tied to a post and whipped.

I can think of 1.3 million reasons why. Happy or not, he's got to realize he's never going to get a job like this again and that his career is probably over. He'd be crazy to leave on his own accord...a year of two of pain for an easy retirement is more than worth it.

The fans can't stand him, I doubt truth be told most of the players don't like playing for him, it's obvious he doesn't like dealing with the media. You'd think he'd say enough and leave and go get a job as an NBA assistant of scout or something, where he isn't the face of the team and doesn't have to deal with the media and fan criticism. Of course I know the answer is money, but there's no way the man could living a happy life right now. If the story is true that Bzzzz wanted to resign after his first season here and Wellman talked him out of it, Wellman needs to be tied to a post and whipped.

I heard rumors last year that Bzzzz was on a month-to-month lease of a house in Winston-Salem as of last March. I don't think Bzzzz thought he stood a chance of sticking around. I am almost certain Wellman sweet talked him into it.

Wellman is only concerned about Wellman. His reputation has been completely destroyed by this fiasco, so he is desperate to point to anything to save face. I mean just look at how the man has physically deteriorated over the last few years into a nervous scarecrow.

No doubt that this season was all about boosting the record hoping for a .500 or so season (look at the cream puff OOC scheduling), keeping the sophomore class together, and then sending Bzzz out the door after the season is over. Then at least Wellman can claim "improvement," that we have a "foundation" in place, and we are prepared to "win in the right way" (to the collective eye rolls of 99% of the fan base) when Bzz is finally gone.

Oh wait, there I go thinking rationally again about our current situation. Better throw logic out the door. Bzzz is probably back next season.

I can think of 1.3 million reasons why. Happy or not, he's got to realize he's never going to get a job like this again and that his career is probably over. He'd be crazy to leave on his own accord...a year of two of pain for an easy retirement is more than worth it.

Bingo! He is now set for life. Remember not only does he get his salary, but Wake contributes to his TIAA retirement account too!

I heard rumors last year that Bzzzz was on a month-to-month lease of a house in Winston-Salem as of last March. I don't think Bzzzz thought he stood a chance of sticking around. I am almost certain Wellman sweet talked him into it.

Wellman is only concerned about Wellman. His reputation has been completely destroyed by this fiasco, so he is desperate to point to anything to save face. I mean just look at how the man has physically deteriorated over the last few years into a nervous scarecrow.

No doubt that this season was all about boosting the record hoping for a .500 or so season (look at the cream puff OOC scheduling), keeping the sophomore class together, and then sending Bzzz out the door after the season is over. Then at least Wellman can claim "improvement," that we have a "foundation" in place, and we are prepared to "win in the right way" (to the collective eye rolls of 99% of the fan base) when Bzz is finally gone.

Oh wait, there I go thinking rationally again about our current situation. Better throw logic out the door. Bzzz is probably back next season.

The UNC win almost guarantees it

If someone was paying you 1.3 million/year to do a job you hated, but you knew once you left that job you'd never realistically make more than 250K/year again, you would suck it up and plug through the job you hated for another year or two, especially if keeping that job had nothing to do with your actual job performance.

What, haven't you heard? Bzzz doesn't read the paper, watch the news or follow the internet, so he has no clue what people think of him. And those unprecedented crowds at the Joel that RW told us about? Proof to bzz that he's loved. People are flocking to the Joel to see bzzball live.

So, move along. Nothing to see here.

If someone was paying you 1.3 million/year to do a job you hated, but you knew once you left that job you'd never realistically make more than 250K/year again, you would suck it up and plug through the job you hated for another year or two, especially if keeping that job had nothing to do with your actual job performance.

120307_join_session_congress_reuters_605.jpg

Problem is... I can honestly see us winning every home game this year sans Syracuse and probably Dook. That gives us close to 20 wins IF by the grace of God we win a ROAD game. If we weren't winning at home, coupled with being run out of every opponents gym I would bet that he would get the ax before years end. That Tarhole win lost a lot of value after last night's debacle (both ways). I will never root against WF in any game, no matter the circumstances but I really just want [Redacted] gone. I can't stand to see many more ass whippings by teams that really aren't much more talented than us.../end rant.

Problem is... I can honestly see us winning every home game this year sans Syracuse and probably Dook. That gives us close to 20 wins IF by the grace of God we win a ROAD game. If we weren't winning at home, coupled with being run out of every opponents gym I would bet that he would get the ax before years end. That Tarhole win lost a lot of value after last night's debacle (both ways). I will never root against WF in any game, no matter the circumstances but I really just want [Redacted] gone. I can't stand to see many more ass whippings by teams that really aren't much more talented than us.../end rant.

I can't root against us either, but I guess since losses might mean another nail in Bzzz's coffin, I can at least find a possible bright side after them.

HOW DOES HE EVEN KNOW WE DON'T LIKE HIM!?

He doesn't surf "the internet". He doesn't read the paper or look at billboards. He doesn't watch TV. He doesn't have a radio show that allows questions from the same people that donate to support his salary. When he eats out he literally hides his face and sits in the corner, wearing a baseball cap and doesn't look up at all (witnessed to on his first hand). Wellman has convinced him he's a great coach and loved by the school. His players take his back for some odd reason. Dan the donut man will not consistently ask him the real tough questions. The guy is sheltered beyond belief and is collecting a massive paycheck. No wonder he's riding this out while the Wellman gravy train is rolling full steam ahead.

He doesn't surf "the internet". He doesn't read the paper or look at billboards. He doesn't watch TV. He doesn't have a radio show that allows questions from the same people that donate to support his salary. When he eats out he literally hides his face and sits in the corner, wearing a baseball cap and doesn't look up at all (witnessed to on his first hand). Wellman has convinced him he's a great coach and loved by the school. His players take his back for some odd reason. Dan the donut man will not consistently ask him the real tough questions. The guy is sheltered beyond belief and is collecting a massive paycheck. No wonder he's riding this out while the Wellman gravy train is rolling full steam ahead.

In fairness to Dan, I'm sure he knows if he too tough on Bzzz with the questions, Wellman will have his press pass pulled. Bzzzz knows how disliked he is, he can talk all he wants about not reading this or not looking at that or not caring, but he knows.

Wait. What? He wears a baseball cap at the dinner table, in public at a restaurant? Classless motherfucker!

Wait. What? He wears a baseball cap at the dinner table, in public at a restaurant? Classless motherfucker!

You completely misunderstood this, he was wearing it to hide his face in public. He had the brim pulled down over his forehead and his head down. I don't care about hats inside. Just making a point that he has completely disconnected himself from the Wf and winston communities.

You completely misunderstood this, he was wearing it to hide his face in public. He had the brim pulled down over his forehead and his head down. I don't care about hats inside. Just making a point that he has completely disconnected himself from the Wf and winston communities.

I think he and I know I did, understood this, we were joking you know since Wellman brought Bzzz in to change the culture and it used to be considered bad manners (lack of culture) to wear hats inside.....:rolleyes:

where did you see him?

the counter on this is that next year will likely be worse unless someone turns into a shooter magically over the summer. You could paint a Machiavellian scenario were Buzz exits and next year is awful and the powers that be say see it wasn't Buzz (don't get me wrong I know how flawed that logic is -- but really -- the logic they have used to date is not exactly shall we say reasonsed.)

Back