• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wiccans claim Halloween is "bigotry"

wfumike02

Reaction score
Just our latest example of political correctness run amok. What a joke.

They compare Halloween to the use of blackface and the Redskins. One of the people interviewed in this article says people have threatened to burn her house down because she's a witch. Now that's bigotry. But some kids dressing up one night a year and roaming the neighborhood looking for candy? Please.

link

Well done tagger. well done.

Also, I think the comparison was dressing up as a green warty witch is the same to some Witches as blackface, not that Halloween itself is (which for the record, I definitely don't feel that way). Most every Witch/Pagan/Wiccan I know celebrates Halloween with gusto. I will also do a separate Samhain ritual tonight, but much like the women in the article, I see participating in Halloween as part of that ritual. I wouldn't say that this article is representative of the community as a whole (much in the same way that not every article that interviews 2 or 3 Christians represents that religion)

And I claim that Wiccans are as fake as the Lumbee Indians.

Not every weirdo gets to claim religious persecution.

Well done tagger. well done.

Also, I think the comparison was dressing up as a green warty witch is the same to some Witches as blackface, not that Halloween itself is (which for the record, I definitely don't feel that way). Most every Witch/Pagan/Wiccan I know celebrates Halloween with gusto. I will also do a separate Samhain ritual tonight, but much like the women in the article, I see participating in Halloween as part of that ritual. I wouldn't say that this article is representative of the community as a whole (much in the same way that not every article that interviews 2 or 3 Christians represents that religion)

And I claim that Wiccans are as fake as the Lumbee Indians.

Not every weirdo gets to claim religious persecution.

:popcorn:

I think there's more outrage at the outrage than there is outrage. I'm typically pretty outraged at the outrage of the outrage, even if I'm not outraged to begin with.

To be fair, I posted before I read Chic's response. Didn't realize she was Wica, or whatever affiliation she has.

So it wasn't meant as a personal attack. However, my point stands. Not everyone in this country has to be a persecuted minority.

I think there's more outrage at the outrage than there is outrage. I'm typically pretty outraged at the outrage of the outrage, even if I'm not outraged to begin with.

brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

To be fair, I posted before I read Chic's response. Didn't realize she was Wica, or whatever affiliation she has.

So it wasn't meant as a personal attack. However, my point stands. Not everyone in this country has to be a persecuted minority.

Yeah, when I said they're all losers, it was before I found out that I knew one. ;)

To be fair, chic IS a weirdo/loser. After all, she married Mett.

Isn't your indignation in a way persecuting a minority group (ie those who practice Wicca or identify as Lumbee)?

do-not-want-dog_large_medium.jpg

Isn't your indignation in a way persecuting a minority group (ie those who practice Wicca or identify as Lumbee)?

You know what DF07, I never thought about it like that.

My random message board comment calling them out on their BS must be so hard for them. I'm so, so sorry.

I thought your point was that Wiccans were fake, not that they weren't a persecuted minority (which again, obviously I'm not in the broom closet, I wear pentacles and have stickers on my car, and have never felt persecuted so I am not saying that point isn't valid, just that I don't think that was your point)

Brasky, just out of curiosity what the protocol for a minority group to gain legitimacy?

Brasky bitches and whines way more than the people he claims bitch and whine too much.

Back