• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wiccans claim Halloween is "bigotry"

Start the thread! It will make the time go by so fast today.

I'll only be around for the next hour today though...Fridays we have "reflection time" and also get off early...best to wait.

You all are in for a treat if you've never heard Chic's Wiccas vs. Pagans bit.

"Wiccas be shoppin'!"

Well in that case, I'll ask you here. How were you introduced to it? Family lineage?

Yeah my mom "converted" which is an inaccurate term but basically she was introduced to it by a friend when she asked (important note, it actually goes against the religion to proselytize or talk to anyone about it who doesn't ask on their own volition. You aren't supposed to recruit/convert. etc. People need to come to it on their own). She was practicing for a while and so for a while we had a completely secular house and I started questioning what I was taught in early childhood (Catholic school, etc) and looking for other belief systems (I read part of the Qur'an, talked with a Rabbi, talked with my mom and my priest). What she believes resonated with me at that time I started practicing with her and reading more. Then as a rebellious teenager, I went back to the Church and got confirmed and joined the choir, etc. In college I started realizing that wasn't for me and went back to Paganism. It continues to resonate and be right for me (much to the dismay of my Evangelist father). I think most Christians/Agnostics would be surprised at the similarities.

Wait, I can say Wicca, right? Wiccer is off limits iirc.

Back