• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will all the Bz Outers support Wake once his is gone, or.....

one4theroad

Reaction score
or does it depend on who the next coach is, and who his recruits are, or what type of defense he runs, or what his ties look like, or what his substitution pattern is, or if he is funny in press conferences, if he leads the team to the NCAA tournament his first year, Final 8 his second year, and to the National Title his third season.
Hey, I am no Bz fan. I see no improvement in our players or our program. I would like for him to be replaced as the head basketball coach at Wake Forest. However, until he is replaced he is the coach of Wake Forest, and I am a fan of Wake Forest. The truth is that it does no good to turn our backs on our program. AS much as everyone despises Ron Wellman, he wants our basketball team to win. And whether we go to games or not, fly banners over the stadium, air raid the JOEL, he will make a change when he feels we have a coach who is not going to produce a winner and follow the ethics and rules of the NCAA. I think this year will be the year that persuades Ron to make a change.
Point is, our athletes need us. They need to be cheered and supported. CMM doesn't need this board to inform him that he was 3-14 at Clemson or that he needs to improve his outside shooting. The WAKE fanbase is simply too small to be divided. The type of attitude, betrayal, and criticism of our players, coaches, and athletic department would never have occurred years ago, even when records and performance were similar.
I think we have created a culture that is unrealistically demanding, selfish, and immature. Even Duke fans, when Coach K was out, supported their team ferociously during their last place season.
They didn't loathe, berate, or belittle Pete Gaudet. Again, I am not a BZ fan, but something about the level of ire and demand for his firing has gotten out of hand.
I just hope that whoever comes in next has your support at least until he gets to Winston Salem...maybe even through the first press conference.

or does it depend on who the next coach is, and who his recruits are, or what type of defense he runs, or what his ties look like, or what his substitution pattern is, or if he is funny in press conferences, if he leads the team to the NCAA tournament his first year, Final 8 his second year, and to the National Title his third season.
Hey, I am no Bz fan. I see no improvement in our players or our program. I would like for him to be replaced as the head basketball coach at Wake Forest. However, until he is replaced he is the coach of Wake Forest, and I am a fan of Wake Forest. The truth is that it does no good to turn our backs on our program. AS much as everyone despises Ron Wellman, he wants our basketball team to win. And whether we go to games or not, fly banners over the stadium, air raid the JOEL, he will make a change when he feels we have a coach who is not going to produce a winner and follow the ethics and rules of the NCAA. I think this year will be the year that persuades Ron to make a change.
Point is, our athletes need us. They need to be cheered and supported. CMM doesn't need this board to inform him that he was 3-14 at Clemson or that he needs to improve his outside shooting. The WAKE fanbase is simply too small to be divided. The type of attitude, betrayal, and criticism of our players, coaches, and athletic department would never have occurred years ago, even when records and performance were similar.
I think we have created a culture that is unrealistically demanding, selfish, and immature. Even Duke fans, when Coach K was out, supported their team ferociously during their last place season.
They didn't loathe, berate, or belittle Pete Gaudet. Again, I am not a BZ fan, but something about the level of ire and demand for his firing has gotten out of hand.
I just hope that whoever comes in next has your support at least until he gets to Winston Salem...maybe even through the first press conference.

While there may have been a few that hated him and hoped he failed before he even coached a game here, the vast majority would be loving [Redacted] if he had been successful. He has been a complete and utter failure with the on court performance and frankly he hasn't done anything to endear himself off the court either. It was a bad hire by Ron Wellman and it's been even worse than was imagined, so I really don't know why anyone would be surprised at the feeling the Wake Forest fanbase as a whole has for Jeff [Redacted].

bzout = supporting wake

+1. And the Gaudet situation is not a parallel to Bzz. He was an assistant elevated mid-season to an interim position. He sucked so much that Duke did not retain him when K came back the following season.

Last edited:
Even Duke fans, when Coach K was out, supported their team ferociously during their last place season.

So, after Bzz leaves, we get Coach K?

I love the holier-than-thou top fan! stuff like this.

Step down off the soap box.

In the OP's defense, it's not a completely unreasonable thought process until you watch this asshole coach road games and conduct press conferences.

How am I holier than thou, when so many on the boards know more about basketball than a guy who has been a coach in college and the NBA his entire career?

they'd have loathed berated and belittled petey g if they'd been stuck with 4 years of him.....

How am I holier than thou, when so many on the boards know more about basketball than a guy who has been a coach in college and the NBA his entire career?

And for the majority of that time has completely sucked at it, 2-50 or 51 or whatever the number is now.

they'd have loathed berated and belittled petey g if they'd been stuck with 4 years of him.....

Great point, the Dukies knew K was coming back the next year. You really think Gaudet wouldn't have been run out of town if that wasn't the case?

I wasn't buzzout until the 3rd year. I thought he was a bad hire, but if he would have won I would have been fine. Hire competent coaches and the fans will support the coach.

Back