• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will all the Bz Outers support Wake once his is gone, or.....

or does it depend on who the next coach is, and who his recruits are, or what type of defense he runs, or what his ties look like, or what his substitution pattern is, or if he is funny in press conferences, if he leads the team to the NCAA tournament his first year, Final 8 his second year, and to the National Title his third season.
Hey, I am no Bz fan. I see no improvement in our players or our program. I would like for him to be replaced as the head basketball coach at Wake Forest. However, until he is replaced he is the coach of Wake Forest, and I am a fan of Wake Forest. The truth is that it does no good to turn our backs on our program. AS much as everyone despises Ron Wellman, he wants our basketball team to win. And whether we go to games or not, fly banners over the stadium, air raid the JOEL, he will make a change when he feels we have a coach who is not going to produce a winner and follow the ethics and rules of the NCAA. I think this year will be the year that persuades Ron to make a change.
Point is, our athletes need us. They need to be cheered and supported. CMM doesn't need this board to inform him that he was 3-14 at Clemson or that he needs to improve his outside shooting. The WAKE fanbase is simply too small to be divided. The type of attitude, betrayal, and criticism of our players, coaches, and athletic department would never have occurred years ago, even when records and performance were similar.
I think we have created a culture that is unrealistically demanding, selfish, and immature. Even Duke fans, when Coach K was out, supported their team ferociously during their last place season.
They didn't loathe, berate, or belittle Pete Gaudet. Again, I am not a BZ fan, but something about the level of ire and demand for his firing has gotten out of hand.
I just hope that whoever comes in next has your support at least until he gets to Winston Salem...maybe even through the first press conference.

Folks, be prepared for tons of stupid shit like this once we fire Bz and hire a new coach. Every game the new coach loses, you're going to hear the idiot brigade trot out the "Why aren't you treating this guy as bad as you did Bz?"

No doubt you're one of the "real fans" who bought into the whole culture change nonsense.

The best support our student athletes could get is to never be saddled with a coach like [Redacted] in the first place, and every single day you fucking tools supported him hurts our program and our school far more than our collective dissent ever will.

Go fuck yourself.

If you're not 100% optimistic about the current situation you're against Wake forever. Don't you forget it everyone.

Folks, be prepared for tons of stupid shit like this once we fire Bz and hire a new coach. Every game the new coach loses, you're going to hear the idiot brigade trot out the "Why aren't you treating this guy as bad as you did Bz?"

No doubt you're one of the "real fans" who bought into the whole culture change nonsense.

The best support our student athletes could get is to never be saddled with a coach like [Redacted] in the first place, and every single day you fucking tools supported him hurts our program and our school far more than our collective dissent ever will.

Go fuck yourself.

Whatever, jerk. You'd just rather be right than see Wake Forest succeed. ADMIT IT!!1!11

or does it depend on who the next coach is, and who his recruits are, or what type of defense he runs, or what his ties look like, or what his substitution pattern is, or if he is funny in press conferences, if he leads the team to the NCAA tournament his first year, Final 8 his second year, and to the National Title his third season.
Hey, I am no Bz fan. I see no improvement in our players or our program. I would like for him to be replaced as the head basketball coach at Wake Forest. However, until he is replaced he is the coach of Wake Forest, and I am a fan of Wake Forest. The truth is that it does no good to turn our backs on our program. AS much as everyone despises Ron Wellman, he wants our basketball team to win. And whether we go to games or not, fly banners over the stadium, air raid the JOEL, he will make a change when he feels we have a coach who is not going to produce a winner and follow the ethics and rules of the NCAA. I think this year will be the year that persuades Ron to make a change.
Point is, our athletes need us. They need to be cheered and supported. CMM doesn't need this board to inform him that he was 3-14 at Clemson or that he needs to improve his outside shooting. The WAKE fanbase is simply too small to be divided. The type of attitude, betrayal, and criticism of our players, coaches, and athletic department would never have occurred years ago, even when records and performance were similar.
I think we have created a culture that is unrealistically demanding, selfish, and immature. Even Duke fans, when Coach K was out, supported their team ferociously during their last place season.
They didn't loathe, berate, or belittle Pete Gaudet. Again, I am not a BZ fan, but something about the level of ire and demand for his firing has gotten out of hand.
I just hope that whoever comes in next has your support at least until he gets to Winston Salem...maybe even through the first press conference.

3aa9090d30.jpg

Knowledge =/= Ability to coach. That is truly [Redacted]'s problem. I have no doubt that Bz knows a TON about basketball. You can't be involved in coaching for as long as he has at the level of coaching he has and not be very very knowledgeable. The problem is that he can't translate his knowledge into on the court results. You can see that this frustrates him, and it would frustrate me if I were him. This is why you get responses from him like:

"I don't know, you are going to have to ask him"
"We worked on it in practice, I don't know why they didn't do it"

He knows what to do (I honestly believe that), but he doesn't know how to replicate that in his players. Which is the key to being a good coach. He is a professor not a general, and a professor will never consistently inspire the soldiers to follow him into battle.

BINGO. This plus from the beginning I've always questioned Buzz's ability and drive to recruit great players to play under him.... and the combination of my gripe with the problem Wrangor is mentioning (aka the professor dilemma) = not a great fit for a college coach.

How am I holier than thou, when so many on the boards know more about basketball than a guy who has been a coach in college and the NBA his entire career?

And this is what he has to show for it: (posted this about a year ago but updated it current before today's game).

[Redacted]'s overall record for every team he has been associated with (as a player, coach, or scout) over the past 39 years.

871-1057 (.4518)

He has 11 winning seasons in that time. 7 of those came under Pat Riley and 1 came with Carmelo Anthony.

If you take away his association with future Hall of Famers his overall record drops to 480-824 (.3681). He has 3 winning seasons without those two guys.

He has 10 seasons with a winning percentage of < .300 and another 10 seasons with < .400

This guy is a loser through and through.

It's not a matter of supporting Wake. I will always do that. It's a matter of finally being excited about the future and being a passionate fan again. I've really calmed down over the last 4 years. Used to live and die with this team. Maybe I'm getting old, but more likely Jeff has murdered my enthusiasm.

To hell with Bz...Wellman goes and many of the problems will get corrected in due course...

Hated the hire from day one, but what put me over the edge was the incessant "sacrificing our values", "building a culture" crap that has been shoveled at us since Bzz arrived. Shut up and do your job. Bzz is a truly awkward and unfortunate face of a program, but the rhetoric from the athletic department has killed any good will from my end. Even if there were problems in the past (timeline doesn't support it, but we've covered that) just shut your mouths and move on. Pissing on 18 year old kids who make mistakes, or--heaven forbid--follow their fucking dreams to the NBA is beyond pathetic. Our student body may be predominantly wealthy, white kids, but that doesn't mean our school has to adopt the behavior of country club Wasps.

:golfclap:

Fellow Deacs, if you noticed I said that I want a new coach. I do, however, believe that the incessant negativity surrounding our two major sports programs is not only not beneficial but is detrimental. For my opinion, I have been called all sorts of names, told to fuck myself, and born all sorts of other insults. It is ridiculous. I did like the One4theroad comment by 2and2SlidertoLeyritz. Very clever.

Not a lot of negativity around football right now. Check the recruiting thread.

Fellow Deacs, if you noticed I said that I want a new coach. I do, however, believe that the incessant negativity surrounding our two major sports programs is not only not beneficial but is detrimental. For my opinion, I have been called all sorts of names, told to fuck myself, and born all sorts of other insults. It is ridiculous. I did like the One4theroad comment by 2and2SlidertoLeyritz. Very clever.

You also came on here and posted some passive-aggressive bullshit to start this thread. You aren't innocent.

You just like to pretend to be, apparently...

But, seriously, in short... don't play the fucking victim. Just don't.

We're trying to piss this game away against a bunch of scrubs

I agree that it is not just about the wins/losses or how we are losing (efficiently). There is plenty of justification for being pissed off based on these things alone, but I can get over the bad results and the bad hire pretty quickly.

It is the previously mentioned rhetoric from the Athletic Department and attitude toward the fan base which raises my anger level the most. Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining. A mistake was made. Admit it, correct it, and move past it. Despite having opportunities to do this after each season, more spin and cognitive dissonance.

Worse yet, I believe this disregard for fans/alumni is indicative of the entire WFU Administration's views toward the rest of the Wake Community. It is one reason why I don't believe in Wake right now. Athletics is a key part of how Wake should position itself, but when the administration shows a complete lack of commitment in this area, I fear for the future of my alma mater, and I am not going to throw but so much good money after bad.

If a new hire showing promise is made after this season, I will eventually return to the fold. The wounds made from the [Redacted] experience run deeper than wins/losses and a bad hire though, so it will take a while to recover.

Once he's gone and wellman is gone and hatch is gone.
Aww, hell we're screwed.

What did you expect people to say when you post a load shot Strait from Rons dick to Jeffs mouth? Oh heavens yes!

"But, seriously, in short... don't play the fucking victim. Just don't." I'm no victim. I have my opinion, you have yours.

Back