• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will all the Bz Outers support Wake once his is gone, or.....

they'd have loathed berated and belittled petey g if they'd been stuck with 4 years of him.....

don't forget coach k petitioning the ncaa to remove the loses from his record. loyalty. culture.

not only did we know what we were getting with bzz (1 conference road win, nearly 33% wins, forcing transfers) and he did the exact same thing his first 3 years at wake. then he upped his game and lost by larger margins and set new lows with rpi etc. he then out did himself and lost against teams likes stetson and Presbyterian.

ron wellman and his sycophants are the only people that did not know what wake was getting when bz was hired. everyone else knew this was terrible and either denounced it immediately or prayed it would work out while suspecting that it was going to end badly.

How am I holier than thou, when so many on the boards know more about basketball than a guy who has been a coach in college and the NBA his entire career?

Knowledge =/= Ability to coach. That is truly [Redacted]'s problem. I have no doubt that Bz knows a TON about basketball. You can't be involved in coaching for as long as he has at the level of coaching he has and not be very very knowledgeable. The problem is that he can't translate his knowledge into on the court results. You can see that this frustrates him, and it would frustrate me if I were him. This is why you get responses from him like:

"I don't know, you are going to have to ask him"
"We worked on it in practice, I don't know why they didn't do it"

He knows what to do (I honestly believe that), but he doesn't know how to replicate that in his players. Which is the key to being a good coach. He is a professor not a general, and a professor will never consistently inspire the soldiers to follow him into battle.

Is Petey G really the best example from the author the way Duke threw him under the bus?

And I know enough to know that Bzzzz isn't major college basketball head coach material. I see it every press conference and his coaching record confirms it.

He might know alot about basketball, but that is only a small portion of being a head coach.

Traits of a good head coach:

Motivator- Bzzz's grade F
Teacher- Bzzz's grade F
Recruiter- Bzzz's grade F
In Game Strategist- Bzzz's grade F
Program Promoter- Bzzz's grade F

Teacher- Bzzz's grade F

Blame Deflector- A+
Termite-like Resiliency- A+

Everybody gets to decide for themselves what kind of fan they want to be. It's a voluntary position. Personally, I plan to return to football and will likely return to basketball assuming a good hire is made to replace Bz. Until that happy day arrives, I will continue to find other things to do.

Teacher- Bzzz's grade F

Congratulation Acceptor A+ Scapegoat AccuserA+

another reason gaudet is a poor comparison is that unlike biz, pete was a longstanding and respected part of the duke family and as such, was given some leash. biz was an outsider who we quickly and without bias decided was a loser.

In response to the OP, I would gladly have eaten my share of crow had Bzzz turned out to be a great hire and made us successful. But, I don't have to worry about that. My only worry is now whether he will really be gone from here after this season or sooner.

And don't underestimate the smarmy way that Bzzzz has conducted himself regarding pretty much everything about Wake basketball impacting his dislike among the fanbase.

He's worked on being smarmy. Damned good at it. Good to be good at something.

Knowledge =/= Ability to coach. That is truly [Redacted]'s problem. I have no doubt that Bz knows a TON about basketball. You can't be involved in coaching for as long as he has at the level of coaching he has and not be very very knowledgeable. The problem is that he can't translate his knowledge into on the court results. You can see that this frustrates him, and it would frustrate me if I were him. This is why you get responses from him like:

"I don't know, you are going to have to ask him"
"We worked on it in practice, I don't know why they didn't do it"

He knows what to do (I honestly believe that), but he doesn't know how to replicate that in his players. Which is the key to being a good coach. He is a professor not a general, and a professor will never consistently inspire the soldiers to follow him into battle.

Very well said, I agree with this take.

Hated the hire from day one, but what put me over the edge was the incessant "sacrificing our values", "building a culture" crap that has been shoveled at us since Bzz arrived. Shut up and do your job. Bzz is a truly awkward and unfortunate face of a program, but the rhetoric from the athletic department has killed any good will from my end. Even if there were problems in the past (timeline doesn't support it, but we've covered that) just shut your mouths and move on. Pissing on 18 year old kids who make mistakes, or--heaven forbid--follow their fucking dreams to the NBA is beyond pathetic. Our student body may be predominantly wealthy, white kids, but that doesn't mean our school has to adopt the behavior of country club Wasps.

Our student body may be predominantly wealthy, white kids, but that doesn't mean our school has to adopt the behavior of country club Wasps.
Nailed it with that one.

Back