• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will all the Bz Outers support Wake once his is gone, or.....

For my opinion, I have been called all sorts of names, told to fuck myself, and born all sorts of other insults. It is ridiculous. I did like the One4theroad comment by 2and2SlidertoLeyritz. Very clever.

Here you are playing the victim. Don't do that.

Go fuck yourself.
Then get over a stranger on the internet telling you to go fuck yourself.

Then fuck yourself again. Then get over that. Then... get the point yet, slick?

Generally, when you lecture a bunch of adults without the necessary credibility, bring told to fuck yourself is typically what happens.

To the extent that the OP points out that part of our fanbase spends hours and thousands of posts wallowing in their own crap and posting mindless and repetitive comments about how bad our coach is when 99% of us want a new coach but would really rather discuss recruiting, he has a point.

To the extent that the OP points out that part of our fanbase spends hours and thousands of posts wallowing in their own crap and posting mindless and repetitive comments about how bad our coach is when 99% of us want a new coach but would really rather discuss recruiting, he has a point.

His overriding point was that we would all shit on the new coach no matter whom the new coach happened to be because we didn't give [Redacted] a fair shake.

Get the hell out of here with nonsense like that. It deserves to be ridiculed.

I think we will be all in on our new coach, no doubt.

Yes, exactly. So the OP's original point was just bullshit "I'm a better fan than you!" nonsense that typical Wellman defenders have used over the past 3 and a half years.
We all know that the new coach, barring that he is literally a skeleton, is going to be welcomed with open arms from all Deacon fans.

So the OP writing the tripe that he did deserved some consternation and he received it. What's the problem?

No problem to a point. I don't disagree with what you say. I largely agree. I just don't think there is any point to telling a fan of the same to to go fuck themselves because we don't agree with what they said.

#BuzzOut #ParagraphsIn

or does it depend on who the next coach is, and who his recruits are, or what type of defense he runs, or what his ties look like, or what his substitution pattern is, or if he is funny in press conferences, if he leads the team to the NCAA tournament his first year, Final 8 his second year, and to the National Title his third season.
Hey, I am no Bz fan. I see no improvement in our players or our program. I would like for him to be replaced as the head basketball coach at Wake Forest. However, until he is replaced he is the coach of Wake Forest, and I am a fan of Wake Forest. The truth is that it does no good to turn our backs on our program. AS much as everyone despises Ron Wellman, he wants our basketball team to win. And whether we go to games or not, fly banners over the stadium, air raid the JOEL, he will make a change when he feels we have a coach who is not going to produce a winner and follow the ethics and rules of the NCAA. I think this year will be the year that persuades Ron to make a change.
Point is, our athletes need us. They need to be cheered and supported. CMM doesn't need this board to inform him that he was 3-14 at Clemson or that he needs to improve his outside shooting. The WAKE fanbase is simply too small to be divided. The type of attitude, betrayal, and criticism of our players, coaches, and athletic department would never have occurred years ago, even when records and performance were similar.
I think we have created a culture that is unrealistically demanding, selfish, and immature. Even Duke fans, when Coach K was out, supported their team ferociously during their last place season.
They didn't loathe, berate, or belittle Pete Gaudet. Again, I am not a BZ fan, but something about the level of ire and demand for his firing has gotten out of hand.
I just hope that whoever comes in next has your support at least until he gets to Winston Salem...maybe even through the first press conference.

We're getting close to that point in the season where even if the team loses out Buzz is coming back for year 5

Will we have any new supporters at that point?

No problem to a point. I don't disagree with what you say. I largely agree. I just don't think there is any point to telling a fan of the same to to go fuck themselves because we don't agree with what they said.

Yeah, probably. But then again, who gives a shit if they are told to go fuck themselves online? Seriously? Why would that bother anybody with any semblance of self-respect?

I agree that it is not just about the wins/losses or how we are losing (efficiently). There is plenty of justification for being pissed off based on these things alone, but I can get over the bad results and the bad hire pretty quickly.

It is the previously mentioned rhetoric from the Athletic Department and attitude toward the fan base which raises my anger level the most. Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining. A mistake was made. Admit it, correct it, and move past it. Despite having opportunities to do this after each season, more spin and cognitive dissonance.

Worse yet, I believe this disregard for fans/alumni is indicative of the entire WFU Administration's views toward the rest of the Wake Community. It is one reason why I don't believe in Wake right now. Athletics is a key part of how Wake should position itself, but when the administration shows a complete lack of commitment in this area, I fear for the future of my alma mater, and I am not going to throw but so much good money after bad.

If a new hire showing promise is made after this season, I will eventually return to the fold. The wounds made from the [Redacted] experience run deeper than wins/losses and a bad hire though, so it will take a while to recover.

Well said

We're getting close to that point in the season where even if the team loses out Buzz is coming back for year 5

Will we have any new supporters at that point?

What? We have 13 wins.

in fantasy world lets pretend bzz was successful but looked and acted the same…. Would we not all buy and wear incredibly tacky ties in support of our leader? ( I say this because I want credit for it in the event our next coach is successful but dresses as if his elderly wife haphazardly buys 25$ shirt tie combo packs from sears….yes sears does sell shirt tie combo packs in conjunction with washing machines, grills, fridges, etc.). …..(I have never bought nor worn any apparel from sears but I am aware that they do sell cloths).

What? We have 13 wins.

Which equals his most wins in a season at Wake. We will inevitably win 16-18 games this year. I think there is a grave risk he could return for a fifth season despite the speculation of some insiders that he'll step down.

Yes, exactly. So the OP's original point was just bullshit "I'm a better fan than you!" nonsense that typical Wellman defenders have used over the past 3 and a half years.
We all know that the new coach, barring that he is literally a skeleton, is going to be welcomed with open arms from all Deacon fans.

So the OP writing the tripe that he did deserved some consternation and he received it. What's the problem?

#SKELETONIN

Kindly go fuck yourself.

Is that better?

Which equals his most wins in a season at Wake. We will inevitably win 16-18 games this year. I think there is a grave risk he could return for a fifth season despite the speculation of some insiders that he'll step down.

Since he still had "multiple years on his contract" according to Wellman coming into the season, they're gonna need to fire him. I think 19 stands as the magic number in terms of him getting a fifth season. The thing is that every game left on the schedule is realistically winnable except for at Cameron so that figure is starting to look like a real possibility after last night.

Last edited:
Yeah, probably. But then again, who gives a shit if they are told to go fuck themselves online? Seriously? Why would that bother anybody with any semblance of self-respect?
Interesting. In the early years of the internet we used to call that sort of thing cowardice. It wasn't "cool" to say something on the internet that you wouldn't to someone's face.

But I think the salient issue is........if you're complaining endlessly about the asshole behavior of Wellman and Bz towards the fan base, acting the same on here towards others in the fanbase is a bit hypocritical. People have invested thousands and thousands of posts saying basically "fuck you Bz" and "fuck you Wake fan if you don't agree". I'm not sure what they'll do when he's gone. It's like some sort of addiction. I suspect we'll be reading thousands upon thousands of posts comparing the new coach with Bz though.

Since he still had "multiple years on his contract" according to Wellman coming into the season, they're gonna need to fire him. I think 19 stands as the magic number in terms of him getting a fifth season. The thing is that every game left on the schedule is realistically winnable except for at Cameron so that figure is starting to look like a real possibility after last night.
The only way I see him coming back is if we win 1-2 more road games and a tourney game, and if that happens we'll be >19 and could be NCAA bound. This is more than just regular season W-L, it's overcoming the deficiencies of road and post-season success.

Back