• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will all the Bz Outers support Wake once his is gone, or.....

The fact that Wellman/Buzz have brought me to a place where I have to wonder whether wins are, in the long term, good or bad for Wake is an almost unforgivable breach of stewardship over the school and program that I have cared about for decades. Stated another way, the harsh criticism of Buzz and Wellman is something they earned- not something a bunch of cynical internet assholes have unfairly dumped on them. If we are cynical internet assholes, it's only because they made us that way.

Yep.

If and when Buzz leaves, whether I support the coach/employee of Wake who replaces him will depend on who it is, how he comes across in media and whether he wins or loses. The very important difference will be that I will (hopefully) have some hope for and interest in WFU basketball. I have none of either at the moment.

Exactly. My first loyalty is to Wake Forest. Not to an extremely well (and in this case, over) paid employee who happens to coach a team.

The fact that Wellman/Buzz have brought me to a place where I have to wonder whether wins are, in the long term, good or bad for Wake is an almost unforgivable breach of stewardship over the school and program that I have cared about for decades. Stated another way, the harsh criticism of Buzz and Wellman is something they earned- not something a bunch of cynical internet assholes have unfairly dumped on them. If we are cynical internet assholes, it's only because they made us that way.

TRUTH.

Since he still had "multiple years on his contract" according to Wellman coming into the season, they're gonna need to fire him. I think 19 stands as the magic number in terms of him getting a fifth season. The thing is that every game left on the schedule is realistically winnable except for at Cameron so that figure is starting to look like a real possibility after last night.

Well Chaminade beat Ralph Sampson one time so I guess every game ever is "realistically winnable."

Here's the thing. As someone said, you can't support Wake and also support Buzz. Buzz works for Wake. He is not Wake. Maybe he's a great guy IRL, but he comes across as extremely incompetent and prickly in the media (e.g., "I'm tired of talking about the road").

If and when Buzz leaves, whether I support the coach/employee of Wake who replaces him will depend on who it is, how he comes across in media and whether he wins or loses. The very important difference will be that I will (hopefully) have some hope for and interest in WFU basketball. I have none of either at the moment.

All of this.

His overriding point was that we would all shit on the new coach no matter whom the new coach happened to be because we didn't give [Redacted] a fair shake.

Get the hell out of here with nonsense like that. It deserves to be ridiculed.
No, you'll like the new coach until he doesn't win the ACC and go to the Final Four in his second year.... Just like you turned on Dino, Skip, Odom, Jim Grobe, Jim Caldwell, etc.
winning at Wake Forest conisistently, for many reasons, is damn near impossible, and it's never been done, BY ANYONE!
I get tired of the rampant criticism of out coaches by armchair QB's and PG's.
By the way, what is your NCAA coaching record?

No, you'll like the new coach until he doesn't win the ACC and go to the Final Four in his second year.... Just like you turned on Dino, Skip, Odom, Jim Grobe, Jim Caldwell, etc.
winning at Wake Forest conisistently, for many reasons, is damn near impossible, and it's never been done, BY ANYONE!

Ummm... yeah, those aren't true at all in regards to me.

Very few folks turned on Coach Prosser. He won, so there was little reason to do so. And when he didn't win, he recruited in ways that provided hope for the future.

Nobody had a problem with Coach Grobe until he went 5 years without a winning record.

Coach Caldwell received 8 years to try and win games with only 1 winning record to show for it.

Coach Odom was highly thought of until it became obvious he would not be able to return Wake to the success he achieved in the early to mid 90s.

You aren't a better fan than anybody else. Just cheer for Wake and leave the lectures to people teaching classes.

Are we sure this smarmy fuckstick isn't someone's parody?

He actually reminds me a bit of that dude with the overalls. Though the grammar and punctuation are a step up.

He actually reminds me a bit of that dude with the overalls. Though the grammar and punctuation are a step up.

Speaking of that maniac, he was all over Facebook attempting to rub the "big win" over VT in the faces of the fan base last night. Predictable, and yet so very sad.

I thought that clown had finally come around to BzzOut.

You're confusing him for Jason, who is now BzzOut, but still looks for ways to tear down the players, Dino, real Wake fans, etc daily. In his latest stroke of brilliance, he blames the latest Buzz post-game quotes on Dan Collins being too much of a smart ass and too hard on Buzz.

You aren't a better fan than anybody else. Just cheer for Wake and leave the lectures to people teaching classes.[/QUOTE]

I never claimed to be a better fan than anyone.
I'm not sure you guys aren't posers from Clempsun or NCSU...

I'm not sure you guys aren't posers from Clempsun or NCSU...

I am. Because I've met nearly every one of the folks responding to you. Many I've known from message boards since 1998. Hell, Kent up there started the first Wake message board.

Just cheer for Wake and leave the lectures to people teaching classes.[/QUOTE]

You just cheer against Wake and leave the pu$$y to people with dicks.

You're confusing him for Jason, who is now BzzOut, but still looks for ways to tear down the players, Dino, real Wake fans, etc daily. In his latest stroke of brilliance, he blames the latest Buzz post-game quotes on Dan Collins being too much of a smart ass and too hard on Buzz.

Ah. Well, whoever this one is, legit or otherwise, he's giving the usual suspects a run for their money. "Are you a coach? No? Well then don't criticize. You're not a coach so you don't know nothing." It's truly the very last cry of the pathologically desperate, clinging to whatever scraps of a shitty argument they can.

Back