• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Cody's Return Help or Hurt?

This is a dumb thread. Of course we will be a better team when Codi comes back.

I love BC and he looks like a real superstar in the future. But I would say the average ogboards poster definitely thinks he is better than he actually is right now. He flashes a ton but he also needs to improve his shooting efficiency and cut turnovers.

a.k.a. he's a freshman.

We haven't had as good a passing guard as Crawford in a long time. The plan was obviously not to have him start at PG from day 1 (though I think it has accelerated his development) and at times he has looked like he isn't quite ready for that task. Hopefully Codi coming back and taking the reins will help Crawford's recent shooting woes and constant turnover struggles.

Codi is likely the best player on the team so I would wager he will help the team upon his return.

a.k.a. he's a freshman.

We haven't had as good a passing guard as Crawford in a long time. The plan was obviously not to have him start at PG from day 1 (though I think it has accelerated his development) and at times he has looked like he isn't quite ready for that task. Hopefully Codi coming back and taking the reins will help Crawford's recent shooting woes and constant turnover struggles.

Nobody said he wasn't a freshman nor asked who was the better player.

Bryant Crawford leads the ACC in turnover percentage and codi is a much better passer (5th in the ACC in assist percentage last year) than people give him credit for.

We will be a better team with codi and honestly it's a stupid question to ask imo.

I think the OP felt it would be helpful to have CMM too but thought it might be interesting discussion as he dominated our offense last year and will need to replace some guys that have been getting the job done. Then the board police got their panties in a wad.

Maybe he has worked with a shot doctor during the past 9 months. Berry and Britt at UNC did.

Nobody said he wasn't a freshman nor asked who was the better player.

Bryant Crawford leads the ACC in turnover percentage and codi is a much better passer (5th in the ACC in assist percentage last year) than people give him credit for.

We will be a better team with codi and honestly it's a stupid question to ask imo.

Not really sure who most of this post is directed towards. I'm not arguing BC is a better player than Codi or that we won't be a better team when Codi comes back or that Codi isn't a good passer.

I just think that if BC can figure out the difference between not-quite-there passes (which lead to most of his turnovers) and just-barely-there passes (which lead to some amazing assists) then our best lineup will feature BC at the point and Codi at the 2 (or 3 if we are going small).

I think the OP felt it would be helpful to have CMM too but thought it might be interesting discussion as he dominated our offense last year and will need to replace some guys that have been getting the job done. Then the board police got their panties in a wad.

He probably could've framed the question better. There will obviously be an adjustment period and Codi is not going to have the exact same role he had last year but he will obviously make the team better instantly.

He probably could've framed the question better. There will obviously be an adjustment period and Codi is not going to have the exact same role he had last year but he will obviously make the team better instantly.

Codi going to feast at the FT line w the new officiating emphasis

I think CCM should, if healthy have a great at season. First time he will have backcourt teammates for can score and handle the ball, and with more sçoring options he will not have to carry the load as much. Also Codi is a good rebouder, could see some 3 guard line up with JC and Devin.

I understand the question but I t could be viewed as an insult to the proven leader on this team. Of course we will be better. Codi is our best slasher and mid-range shooter. He can get into the lane and either finish at the rim or pull up and shoot from the foul line in. I don 't recall many mid-range shots this season. He may be our best defender unless he is hurt by the new rules. If he has improved his free throw shooting, he will be guy with the ball at the end with the game on the line.

The substitution patterns will be even more curious once he comes back, however.

Codi, if healthy, has the ability to lead us to being a bubble/fringe Tourney team. If he's nursing his foot all season and not getting back to full strength, then our ceiling is NIT.

I understand the question but I t could be viewed as an insult to the proven leader on this team. Of course we will be better. Codi is our best slasher and mid-range shooter. He can get into the lane and either finish at the rim or pull up and shoot from the foul line in. I don 't recall many mid-range shots this season. He may be our best defender unless he is hurt by the new rules. If he has improved his free throw shooting, he will be guy with the ball at the end with the game on the line.

The substitution patterns will be even more curious once he comes back, however.

I hope not. Codi's return makes it unnecessary for Rondale or TVH to get more than spot minutes.

I understand the premise of the original post. It's the old Simmons Ewing Theory. But given that CMM is primarily going to take time away from TVH, Watson and McClinton (probably in that order) and then Crawford, I think we get better immediately.

Ish rebounded well his senior year from a broken foot, and had a nice campaign. Last time we went to the tourney.

I like very much the prospect of adding his experience, leadership, and skill set to this team. Though he's yet to see the floor, he remains the team's leader, with DT doing an admirable job taking more of that on this year.

We are going to be a nightmare to defend in transition with Crawford, Crab and CMM pushing the ball.

Back