• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Cody's Return Help or Hurt?

We are going to be a nightmare to defend in transition with Crawford, Crab and CMM pushing the ball.

I think it's safe to expect Danny to roll with Crab at the 4 for 5-10 minutes a game, in which essentially amounts to a 4 guard lineup. A Codi-Crawford-Wilbekin-Hudson-Devin lineup could run teams out of the gym!

I think it's safe to expect Danny to roll with Crab at the 4 for 5-10 minutes a game, in which essentially amounts to a 4 guard lineup. A Codi-Crawford-Wilbekin-Hudson-Devin lineup could run teams out of the gym!

I would be very shocked to see that. You are talking about playing our only 4 guards on the roster. I doubt we will go small much, if at all. We are more likely to see small doses of the big lineup than the small.

I would be very shocked to see that. You are talking about playing our only 4 guards on the roster. I doubt we will go small much, if at all. We are more likely to see small doses of the big lineup than the small.

Then move him to point and run our Crab-Dinos-Collins-Devin-Moore lineup at them. We'll be a matchup nightmare across the board on every possession.

No way man. Hudson's played the 4 for a few minutes in every game since he's been back I believe. And that's with Rondale/TVH playing. Once Codi returns, these small-ball lineups should see an increased amount of time. If any one of our three bigs get in foul trouble, I think Crab will play the 4 for extended periods of time. And if Danny didn't play 3 bigs together when we only had 2 scholarship guards available, what makes you think he will when we have a full roster? In Manning's final year at Tulsa, I believe he started 3 guards. All evidence seems to suggest he'll play plenty of small-ball lineups.

The Collins/Dinos/Moore/Devin combo played 81 minutes against Rutgers and 78 minutes against UCLA. Very much doubt Manning wants Hudson at the 4 unless absolutely necessary.

The Collins/Dinos/Moore/Devin combo played 81 minutes against Rutgers and 78 minutes against UCLA. Very much doubt Manning wants Hudson at the 4 unless absolutely necessary.

Nice try omitting the Arkansas game to help prove your point where they only played 70 minutes. Everything will change once Codi returns. DM will have a lot more flexibility to experiment with different lineups. Not saying Crab at the 4 is going to solve all our problems. Just saying it's worth trying to see how it goes. Good to mix it up for 10 or so minutes a game. Our defense has been so bad, I don't expect to see much of a drop off, if any.

At the end of last year CMM was playing more without the ball. This makes a lot of sense. It has been much easier for teams to control him in the half court when he has the ball. He is not a knock down shooter, and he doesn't go to his left very well. When he comes off of a pick and gets the ball he can be impossible to keep out of the land and away from the rim. He just needs an angle.

We are already 19th in the country in FTA/FGA, that number is going to keep going up once Codi gets back. Hopefully he can make his free throws.

Nice try omitting the Arkansas game to help prove your point where they only played 70 minutes. Everything will change once Codi returns. DM will have a lot more flexibility to experiment with different lineups. Not saying Crab at the 4 is going to solve all our problems. Just saying it's worth trying to see how it goes. Good to mix it up for 10 or so minutes a game. Our defense has been so bad, I don't expect to see much of a drop off, if any.

Thought the point was obvious. I have no idea what Manning will do when Codi's back, but your notion that he's been playing Hudson at the 4 intentionally every game since he's been back just isn't correct.

Manning just spent the first 10 games of the season playing walk-ons instead of letting Dinos or Collins get even one extra minute at the 3 spot. He may run a lot of lineups out there but he doesn't seem to mess with positioning.

There's also the fact that Hudson isn't even close to being a legit 4. He's not guarding the Amil Jeffersons or Brice Johnsons of the ACC just because we're looking to get up and down the floor. I'll be surprised if he's ever anything more than the emergency 4, but I'll be the first to admit that just when it seems like Manning's established some kind of rule lineup-wise he breaks it.

With Codi back I never ever ever ever want to see TVH on the court except to mop up sweat...

With Codi back I never ever ever ever want to see TVH on the court except to mop up sweat...

Boy is that short sighted. I'd like to see pleny of TVH - particularly in the last few minutes of games when Wake has a 20+ point lead. The starters should be on the bench celebrating and TVH and walk-ons should be finishing up the last few possessions.

McClinton's is our weakeat rotation player w the least upside. I hope he takes all of greg's minutes, plus half of tvh and a few of wilbekin. More rondale yo. The dude has earned minutes w his play. If he hits a few shots..

Hard to "feast" at the line when you are a sub 50% free throw shooter

My guess is that with all the time off, the one thing CMM has been doing - A LOT - is shooting FT's. He shot 64.6% last year. Hopefully can can boost that > 75%. Definitely want the ball in BC's or Mitch's hands if/when teams are trying to foul intentionally at the end of games.

Yeah...you gotta think Codi has been shooting a ton of free throws. Really no excuse to shoot sub 70% this season.

Back