• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we defeat Virginia Tech?

Will we beat VPI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went to the game in Blacksburg last year and it was ugly!

CJ's groin was fine for him to go last night, he was held out for precautionary measures with conference play starting on Saturday.

Also while we're at it, everyone that's in Winston and can get over to the game Saturday afternoon please do. I realize that people are frustrated and apathetic but it's still ACC basketball and VPI is a top 40 team in the country.

I have not been to a single Wake game since Bzz was named the coach, and won't be going to any until he is replaced. And that really sucks, because I used to love going to Wake basketball games.

I have not been to a single Wake game since Bzz was named the coach, and won't be going to any until he is replaced. And that really sucks, because I used to love going to Wake basketball games.

That's a shitty excuse, and it makes the whole program look bad. The team plays hard, and needs support. We've already got a school full of apathetic, fair weather students, I would hope that older alumni wouldn't be so nearsighted.

The only tool I have at my disposal to voice my displeasure over the state of the program is the money I spend (or don't spend) on tickets. I am a football season ticket holder, and only missed the Gardner-Webb game this season as that was my anniversary. Wellman tried to feed the fanbase a shit sandwich with his hire of Bzz, and I simply refuse to eat it.

No chance. Va Tech is to blame for the entire downfall of Wake basketball. In 2009, Wake took the court at LJVM for the first and only time in school history ranked as the #1 team in the land. Our program has been on a historical decline since our loss to Va Tech that night. The most entertaining part of conference play this year may well be the inevitable post game interviews with Wellman and/or the Thursday night call-in show to Coach [Redacted].

No chance. Va Tech is to blame for the entire downfall of Wake basketball. In 2009, Wake took the court at LJVM for the first and only time in school history ranked as the #1 team in the land. Our program has been on a historical decline since our loss to Va Tech that night. The most entertaining part of conference play this year may well be the inevitable post game interviews with Wellman and/or the Thursday night call-in show to Coach [Redacted].

paterno.jpg

Feet to the fire, I cant see us winning Saturday ... especially after what we witnessed last night. However, I voted yes because I will not pick WFU to lose when there is no consequence beyond being wrong on a message board. I have been a Wake fan hoping we will win against incredible odds for over half a century. I am not going to stop now.

In revenue sports,.we.are vt's Bitch, and have been for several years.now. Hokies by 15.

Who in their right mind would vote yes? Did you not watch the abortion that has happened over the past year and a half?

I didn't vote yes, but the Wofford loss probably makes this more winnable. Ty will see more time, everyone will be pissed off as hell, Travis turned it up a notch in the 2nd half, Chase isn't likely to be that cold again... Assuming CJ is legit healthy, I could see it coming down to the wire if we avoid foul trouble.

But like WFUtoUSC said, a lot of if's have to line up. I still seriously doubt it will happen, especially if CJ shows any ill effects.

That being said, we did almost beat Dayton, and Dayton crushed Minnesota. And Minnesota beat VaTech. So by the non-existent transitive law of sports we can totally win.

In revenue sports,.we.are vt's Bitch, and have been for several years.now. Hokies by 15.

Screw Wellman for voting them into the conference. This extra BCS money is blood money given how they've ravaged Wake sports, especially since they can't pick up the check in hoops season.

I think any game except for Dook and UNC is "winnable". By that I mean, we have the great equalizer in the 3 point shot. If some combination of Chase/CJ/Nikita gets hot from 3 point land, Travis gives us his usual beast-mode self, and Carson or Ty has a double-double game, we can beat anybody in the conference except Dook and UNC

I realize that that grouping of occurrences won't happen with any regularity (and that's why we probably won't finish higher than 10th in the ACC), BUT it can happen (and has already happened at least once this season)

DOUBLE DOUBLE???? Not sure that happens in the pregame layup line.

first poll of this kind that i have voted in because this is the first game i for sure know the outcome. we lose. lose big.

Back