• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we defeat Virginia Tech?

Will we beat VPI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, so I was correct.

no you weren't, you claimed that the shot never happened...i was telling you it did. and put in the date to point out that it was before you started watching (which was like 3-4 years ago, not 2 so don't know where that came from).

Didn't happen two years ago.

Sorry... I kind of assumed that this was a pretty well known "shot" in WFU basketball history, but I guess I was wrong. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything.

Are you a current student?

Sorry... I kind of assumed that this was a pretty well known "shot" in WFU basketball history, but I guess I was wrong. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything.

Are you a current student?

That is correct. A senior.

no you weren't, you claimed that the shot never happened...i was telling you it did. and put in the date to point out that it was before you started watching (which was like 3-4 years ago, not 2 so don't know where that came from).

Yes, actually I was. My original response was to the post that stated we beat Virginia Tech 2 years ago with the Ish buzzer-beater. That is indisputably incorrect thus I was correct in saying as much.

Yes, actually I was. My original response was to the post that stated we beat Virginia Tech 2 years ago with the Ish buzzer-beater. That is indisputably incorrect thus I was correct in saying as much.

my bad i didn't see the "two years ago" part in that post. apologies. i just thought you were legit saying that the shot didn't happen.

Ish shot about 90% in the last minute of games, he was so fucking clutch. I also miss his speed. It was nice having a pg who ran it down the defenses back every possession, even if most of those possessions wound up being ugly. In 4 years I don't think I ever saw Ish get stopped in the back court, he could cut through a trap like a knife.

Ish shot about 90% in the last minute of games, he was so fucking clutch. I also miss his speed. It was nice having a pg who ran it down the defenses back every possession, even if most of those possessions wound up being ugly.

He was kind of a rich man's TC in terms of his ability to finish under the basket. Lots of picked up dribbles inside of 5-feet from Ish... I was never quite sold on his decision making ability, even though I loved him. His freshman year after the Gray/Hale/Dukes rotation was a revelation.

Lots of short memories on these boards...

I was at this game. I'll never forget it... Clearly, one of Ish's greatest moment as a Deac.

I guess you weren't watching carefully enough.

I forgot that Teague was on that team. Shocking he didn't take the shot instead.

And I don't consider beating Va Tech in basketball on a buzzer beater and "amazing moment" for WFU athletics. But admittedly my standards are much higher than most since I was a student in the late 90s.

I forgot that Teague was on that team. Shocking he didn't take the shot instead.

And I don't consider beating Va Tech in basketball on a buzzer beater and "amazing moment" for WFU athletics. But admittedly my standards are much higher than most since I was a student in the late 90s.

:cliffs:

It's always an awesome moment to win on a buzzer beater, but it's especially awesome when it's on your home court, and it's against a better team. We didn't even make the NIT that year, sadly we only got invited to the stupid CBE.

It's always an awesome moment to win on a buzzer beater, but it's especially awesome when it's on your home court, and it's against a better team. We didn't even make the NIT that year, sadly we only got invited to the stupid CBE.

My point exactly..

VTs gonna have to fire Seth for not taking a team to the ncaas sooner or later. What a loser

VTs gonna have to fire Seth for not taking a team to the ncaas sooner or later. What a loser

I wonder if they'll be able to keep his staff on, though. Those guys have been really good on the recruiting trail..

I love some of the douches on this site that neg rep you for saying you didn't think Wake had a shot in this game today. It's not the neg rep that pisses me off, its the fact that you're a coward and leave it anonymous.

I love some of the douches on this site that neg rep you for saying you didn't think Wake had a shot in this game today. It's not the neg rep that pisses me off, its the fact that you're a coward and leave it anonymous.

+1

Who is the pansy ass that keeps sending the neg reps without signing your name?

Back