• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

women who cheated?

Also gotta remember that a lot of women cheat because their man won't pee on them.

attaching oneself to another person emotionally. If intimacy can be broken up into physical, emotional, and commitment, it's that middle section. If a woman (or man) is turning to another man to fulfill her need for emotional intimacy - for support, security, etc. - if the other man is the one she really relies and depends on to be there for her - she'll form a real attachment that undercuts whatever relationship she may happen to be in.

In other words, emotional cheating is what happens about a week or two before physical cheating.

I've been cheated on. Physical is worse than emotional because you feel all dirty. I got back with the chick afterwards, though. Then hooked up with a way hotter girl right in front of her during spring break.

That, my friends, is what we call the "long con."

emotional cheating is worse to me. it takes time and effort by two people to get to this point.

it takes a few drinks and some lustful thoughts to go to pound town and never go there again. think hotel bar or something. i'm not brad pitt and neither one of us were "pure" when we married so it's not like there aren't people out there that have intimate knowledge of us.

not saying either one is right but i can understand lusting after someone physically. i can't understand creating an emotional relationship with someone (not talking about a friendship).

having said that i have no idea what i would do if i found myself in one situation or the other now that i have been married for 7 1/2 years and have a child with her.

I've been cheated on. Physical is worse than emotional because you feel all dirty. I got back with the chick afterwards, though. Then hooked up with a way hotter girl right in front of her during spring break.

That, my friends, is what we call the "long con."

Very well played.

I just don't get the psychology of this. If I was with a dude and was tempted to cheat..I'd just call/talk to the bf and end it. It's not that hard people. Basically I don't need to stroke my ego by reminding myself I can get multiple guys. That's all this is. People enjoy the chase and being wanted by multiple people. If I wanted to remind myself of that fact, I'd stay single and do what I want every weekend. If you aren't mature enough to realize this, you aren't mature enough to be in a relationship and put someones emotions at risk. Stay single for the sake of the opposite gender.

A few of my guy friends cheat all the time, but it is very evident to me how crappy they feel about themselves at the core. It is not attractive and it will never get you what you want.

I just don't get the psychology of this. If I was with a dude and was tempted to cheat..I'd just call/talk to the bf and end it. It's not that hard people. Basically I don't need to stroke my ego by reminding myself I can get multiple guys. That's all this is. People enjoy the chase and being wanted by multiple people. If I wanted to remind myself of that fact, I'd stay single and do what I want every weekend. If you aren't mature enough to realize this, you aren't mature enough to be in a relationship and put someones emotions at risk. Stay single for the sake of the opposite gender.

A few of my guy friends cheat all the time, but it is very evident to me how crappy they feel about themselves at the core. It is not attractive and it will never get you what you want.

I think its personally reasonable to want the relationship and the constant poundtownedness and the chase of knowing you can still get the new girls at the same time. Both are desirable, so I imagine thats why people cheat, to have your cake and eat it too.

yup

Another wrinkle here is that physical infidelity is much more easily resisted/avoided than emotional infidelity. Sometimes feelings just develop and there is not much you can do if you can't get some distance from the other person (i.e., work colleagues).

Emotional intimacy? Can that not be fulfilled with friendship? Some of my best friends are guys.

Emotional intimacy? Can that not be fulfilled with friendship? Some of my best friends are guys.

same here.

it's not worth it to try and explain it, until it happens to you (and I hope it doesn't) you won't understand because as you said, "just break it off already w/ the b/f" is how you feel right now. Sadly, it's not that easy. I definitely felt the exact same way until I found myself in that position. Reasoning with myself that I was still in love with one person as I felt so strongly about another...trying to convince myself it wasn't the case, but slowly realizing I was turning to him more, compounded w/ the fact current bf and I were long-distance... it wasn't pretty, but it's not totally unreasonable.

Back