• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group D Discussion (CRC, ENG, ITA, URU)

Also special recognition is deserved for Jon Champion for his call in stoppage time, "Luis Suarez made a three course meal out of that challenge." I didn't notice it until the EsPNFC highlights and it was spectacular.

He couldn't help himself... pretty sure I heard a "toothless" reference at some point as well.

Well, Suarez has officially been charged with the biting by FIFA. Decision before Saturday.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/luis-suarez-biting-prop-bet-norway

167 people won that bet. Hilarious

proxy.jpg

[h=2]Bodies[/h]

[h=1]Disciplinary Committee[/h]

Chairman
Claudio SULSER
sui.gif
Switzerland

Deputy Chairman
Kia Tong LIM
sin.gif
Singapore

Rafael ESQUIVEL
ven.gif
Venezuela

Juan Ángel NAPOUT
par.gif
Paraguay

Constant OMARI
cod.gif
Congo DR

Mike EDWARDS
usa.gif
USA

Raymond HACK
rsa.gif
South Africa

Hamid HADDADJ
alg.gif
Algeria

Aleksander CEFERIN
svn.gif
Slovenia

Jim SHAW
nir.gif
Northern Ireland

Lord VEEHALA
tga.gif
Tonga

Francisco ACOSTA
ecu.gif
Ecuador

Ariel ALVARADO
pan.gif
Panama

Peter CAMPBELL
cay.gif
Cayman Islands

Norman GEORGE
cok.gif
Cook Islands

Nayyar HAIDER
pak.gif
Pakistan

HONG Martin
hkg.gif
Hong Kong

Krister MALMSTEN
swe.gif
Sweden

Jo SETRIGHT
aus.gif
Australia

FIFA Disciplinary Code: "If infringement is serious... associations shall request FIFA to extend sanctions to have worldwide effect."

I'd say that some guy biting an opponent on three separate occasions is pretty serious. The man needs psychological help.

Ive seen some things that indicate the suspension might be for time this go round instead of games. Will be interesting to see what kind of punishment is given and if it actually does anything

Robbie Fowler is unimpressed.
Bolded emphasis is mine.

"You can't defend him," the former Liverpool striker told talkSPORT. "Off the pitch he's an absolutely lovely fella. He does so much work for charity, does so much work in the community in Liverpool and I love him as a player but you cannot condone what he has done.
"When he gets on the pitch he just becomes a different person. I'm flummoxed for words. It's a real, real tough predicament most Liverpool fans are in. They love him as a player but he's continually dragging the club's name through the mud.

"It's not right, especially after how they helped him last time. They tried to rehabilitate him. I wouldn't be surprised if he went now."

Back