• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group D Discussion (CRC, ENG, ITA, URU)

Suarez's lawyer Alejandro Balbi says there is a European vendetta against the Uruguay striker after he was embroiled in a new biting storm.

No all of Europe has a vendetta out for Suarez? This is absolute insanity from the people around Suarez.

Suarez's lawyer Alejandro Balbi says there is a European vendetta against the Uruguay striker after he was embroiled in a new biting storm.

No all of Europe has a vendetta out for Suarez? This is absolute insanity from the people around Suarez.

Fair point. The vendetta against Suraez is mostly limited to fans who hate Liverpool and while that's a large universe, it certainly doesn't mean anything close to all of Europe. Most critically, no built in hatred for Suarez had any impact on his decision to take a nibble of Chiellini's shoulder.

It's just so absurdly delusional. It just doesn't make any rational sense.

"What incident? The footage doesn't show anything, you can speculate from it but it's nothing important," said Lugano in response to a question from an English speaking journalist.
"It appears that the English press keep coming back to this situation, I can't find any other explanation, but I am happy with yesterday's win," he added.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 29m
FIFA disciplinary panel's Martin Hong to me on Suarez: "Why surprise? He has past experience before (biting). It's our duty to see justice done."

I would say based on this that they are taking into account past offenses and are probably looking at more than just an international ban.

"Well yeah, Hong Kong, where Mr. Hong is from, used to be a British colony until just 15 years ago. His words were clearly influenced by the evil English media."
- Diego Lugano tomorrow

Can we expect an announcement by the end of today?

The Guardian has reported that "FIFA insiders" indicate that a 6-match ban is likely

The Guardian has reported that "FIFA insiders" indicate that a 6-match ban is likely

Obviously that ends his WC, but that is less than his last ban. FIFA has to put their foot down or it will never stop

Only 6 matches is ridiculous

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Uruguay is gonna have to grin and bear it for this World Cup

Obviously that ends his WC, but that is less than his last ban. FIFA has to put their foot down or it will never stop

I honestly don't think the punishment has any impact on this behavior. I'm not making an argument against a long punishment, or excusing his behavior, just noting that if the ridicule and ban he received last time wasn't enough to change the behavior, it may be because it's not really a premeditated action on his part. More a reflex of his as ridiculous as that is.

Back