• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group D Discussion (CRC, ENG, ITA, URU)

How long do you think he'll be suspended? Rest of WC and how many club matches?

Better be for the rest of the tournament. What a goon.

That referee was abhorrently bad. He totally lost control of the match early when he refused to whistle anything and he allowed FAR too much shit to start - and then once it did start he was ridiculously inconsistent and frankly overwhelmed. Just a shockingly bad performance for a referee, and he utterly ruined this match.

And Suarez ban should be 12 months, minimum. From all FIFA sanctioned events. This is a pattern of behavior with him with multiple incidents. It's time for the banhammer.

How long do you think he'll be suspended? Rest of WC and how many club matches?

Done for tournament and being his 3rd time biting someone, I really could see FIFA throwing a long, long suspension on him for all of football.

I'd be embarrassed if he was a Manchester United player. Completely and fully embarrassed.

And Suarez ban should be 12 months, minimum. From all FIFA sanctioned events. This is a pattern of behavior with him with multiple incidents. It's time for the banhammer.

I'm assuming FIFA doesn't require any consultation/approval on their actions from UEFA and/or the FA if they're going to take action that'll affect Liverpool?

782457459950629805.jpg

782444232056701099.gif

I'm assuming FIFA doesn't require any consultation/approval on their actions from UEFA and/or the FA if they're going to take action that'll affect Liverpool?

UEFA and the FA are both under FIFA. What FIFA says goes.

@sportspickle
Other than hating races and eating people, though, he's not a bad guy. There's no third strike against him.

I don't believe FIFA looks at it as his third offense as the other two offenses fell under the direct oversight of UEFA. He's done with this tournament either way.

I realize UEFA is under FIFA, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

@sportspickle 15m
Cannibal is trending worldwide. #SPORTS

I am just astonished that a person could actually bite a fellow player on the pitch, much less do it three separate times! He is a disgrace to the sport, I don't care how ridiculously talented he happens to be as a player.

@celebrityhottub 26m
Luis Suarez’s dentist might be the bravest person in the world.

Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt 7m

The Italians are cooked, ... (takes off glasses) al dente.

UEFA and the FA are both under FIFA. What FIFA says goes.

Let's say FIFA only decides to suspend from the WC/International competition. Could the FA also ban him from Premier League games for this?

Back