• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group G Discussion (GER, GHA, POR, USA)

I'm not going to know a single person at this bar. But we have one thing in common: FREEDOM.

The annotated Francis Scott Key:

Written in 1814. Jesus mother fucking shit, if my calculations are correct, that was EXACTLY two hundred years ago. SIGN.

"Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?"

I can't even do it.. Too brilliant. So many goosebumps just reading.

I can't wait for the day when we'll model World Soccer Competitions on Penn Relays and the Ryder Cup:

USA vs. THE WORLD

Vad, any chance you could catch a train and be here by 11PM local time? I'm concerned that the locals aren't really getting my patriotism.

My boi (who lives in London now and Fayettenam knows as well) is meeting me in Munich for the USA v. Germany game. You should look into popping down.

My boi (who lives in London now and Fayettenam knows as well) is meeting me in Munich for the USA v. Germany game. You should look into popping down.

Is he in London right now? Where is he going tonight? There is only one official AMERICA bar in town: Prince of Wales in Covent Garden. Tell him to go tonight!

siff, if you are in town tonight, London Bridge will be rocking. Mind you, they don't have a kitchen, but they will have VOICE.

I'll be the 6'5" balding guy that's sporting a home Bacon jersey. Come at me bro.

So many Germany shirts to be seen today. They all back off from mine though, don't want to fuck with the USA again.

siff, if you are in town tonight, London Bridge will be rocking. Mind you, they don't have a kitchen, but they will have VOICE.

Princes? Wales? So unAmerican.

LOL, you guys. I'll probably go URINATE on London Bridge tonight, just to laugh at England for last World Cup.

Also, Wales is American as shit. They hate the English and love us. Also, to get real historical on y'all, the Welsh are the displaced Britons, who, if you want to turn against your Anglo-Saxon [read: GERMAN(ic)] roots, are the REAL AMERICAN FOREFATHERS.

So many Germany shirts to be seen today. They all back off from mine though, don't want to fuck with the USA again.

Stay safe this week, dude. I left the country for Italy in 2010 for the England game. Not trying to get stabbed.

Every time I am briefly disappinted by the lack of patriotism going on in this thread right now, I remember that it is only 7AM in the LAND OF THE FREE, and that most people have probably only had two or three beers by now.

I am about to go make an American-ass sandwich: Ham. Bread. Black Pepper. Texas Pete.

Bork, I would like nothing more than to watch this game with you whilst pissing on London Bridge in Raleigh. Alas, I'm doing my best just to get to the Richmond area by 6 pm.

America. Fuck yeah. Let's do this.

My wife and kids showed their #AmericanPride by leaving noVa (and her family) early enough this morning to get back to Charlotte to watch us kick some Ghanaian footy ass. #Merica

I've been saving "March to Brazil: Part 7" for today. Maybe should bust it out now. I can't wait until tonight.

Oh shit, I've got an idea.

Every time I am briefly disappinted by the lack of patriotism going on in this thread right now, I remember that it is only 7AM in the LAND OF THE FREE, and that most people have probably only had two or three beers by now.

I am about to go make an American-ass sandwich: Ham. Bread. Black Pepper. Texas Pete.

DGYZE.gif

Back