• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Senior Day Crowd Ever?

ESPN says 26,164 for 83% capacity. No way. Visitor side midway in 2nd Qtr had 5k at most. Go with 21,164 at most. Pitiful for Senior Day & a now 7-4 team going to 7th straight bowl!

ESPN says 26,164 for 83% capacity. No way. Visitor side midway in 2nd Qtr had 5k at most. Go with 21,164 at most. Pitiful for Senior Day & a now 7-4 team going to 7th straight bowl!
I know quite a few first timers that bought tix and ended up not showing due to the coldness.

I’ve got 3 season tickets. My brother holds them and my blue lot pass since he lives nearby. My dad lives in reidsville and my other brothers Charlotte. I’m in Wilmington. We have used all 3 every game. But after last week, I could not justify a total 7 hours of driving to sit in the cold to get to 7-4. Brother went, dad couldn’t make it and I sat it out to avoid hassle of travel again. Am I bad fan? God I hope not given how much I care and how much time I spend watching and following our teams. The casual Winston fan and students are at fault for shitty turnout - and the team’s lackluster performance and coaching mishaps are holding the gun

The weather is such a lame-ass excuse for the crowd. I’ve seen so much bullshit on here about it being “freezing” blah blah blah. Give me a fucking break. It was in the upper 40’s around kickoff and maybe lower 40’s by the time things wrapped up, and dry the whole time. Can’t ask for much better than that for football in late November. Put a jacket on if you think that’s cold and enjoy the game.

We didn’t even sell out UNC. Last night was understandable given the 8pm start and freezing weather. And Syracuse. So glad to be out of a division with BC and Syracuse.

We didn’t even sell out UNC. Last night was understandable given the 8pm start and freezing weather. And Syracuse. So glad to be out of a division with BC and Syracuse.
the weather was not freezing. It was above 32 degrees Fahrenheit

I wonder what percentage of a true sellout are children? I know we were without my kid these night kicks, and plenty others in my section.

Back