• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WSJ Calls on Trump to Liquidate His Holdings (Ongoing Conflict of Interest Thread)

All the experts have said the Russians were responsible for the hacks and Wilileaks..all the millions he has received from Russian banks..the millions people around him have made from Putin and his associates.

More typical RJ BS where he substitutes his own opinions as facts.

RJ speaks in absolutes. There is never a possibility of differing opinions. One would think that after he made a complete fool of himself with his wild boasts of a Hillary landslide....again with no possibility that he could be wrong....he would just be quiet for awhile and hope that people eventually forgot all the crazy stuff that he said about the election. Unfortunately, being quiet is not part of RJ's persona.

BTW, RJ, are you ever going to give me some numbers on black male unemployment in urban areas? I still say that it is in the 40% area in many of our larger cities. Did you check out the three links that jhmd provided? All you have listed so far as your "statistics" are overall unemployment in selected cities....without being broken down by race; black male unemployment by state; and the overall black male unemployment level.......none of which are relevant at all to the question at hand, which was the percentage of black male unemployment in major cities.

I would think that maybe PH could be helpful here, as this would seem to be something that was right in his "wheelhouse"....but he has been uncharacteristically quiet.

WSJ Calls on Trump to Liquidate His Holdings

Hillary supporters afraid trump is going to make money in office is just amazing

How so?

Are you comparing ex-politicians getting paid for speeches to using political power to improve business prospects?

BKF, would you believe anything I posted anyway? Be honest.

RJ speaks in absolutes. There is never a possibility of differing opinions. One would think that after he made a complete fool of himself with his wild boasts of a Hillary landslide....again with no possibility that he could be wrong....he would just be quiet for awhile and hope that people eventually forgot all the crazy stuff that he said about the election. Unfortunately, being quiet is not part of RJ's persona.

BTW, RJ, are you ever going to give me some numbers on black male unemployment in urban areas? I still say that it is in the 40% area in many of our larger cities. Did you check out the three links that jhmd provided? All you have listed so far as your "statistics" are overall unemployment in selected cities....without being broken down by race; black male unemployment by state; and the overall black male unemployment level.......none of which are relevant at all to the question at hand, which was the percentage of black male unemployment in major cities.

I would think that maybe PH could be helpful here, as this would seem to be something that was right in his "wheelhouse"....but he has been uncharacteristically quiet.

You, however, never state you opinion as fact or speak in absolutes, so you are definitely the right one to criticize RJ for doing this.

Maybe because you made up lies and false numbers and bragged about doing it. You made the assertion. It's on you to prove your statement.

By the way one of those links gave black unemployment in about 20 cities. I also gave you one that showed black, adult male unemployment was about 8.8% nationally. Add this http://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04-background-03-08.htm

"Across the nation, four out of five whites live outside of the cities and 86 percent of whites live in neighborhoods where minorities make up less than 1 percent of the population. In contrast, 70 percent of Blacks and Latinos live in the cities or inner-ring suburbs.

To reach your TOTALLY MADE UP NUMBER (which admitted is made up), a majority of cities would have to have your LIE of a number.

The reality is YOU admitted to making up the number. It's on YOU to prove how much of a liar you are or aren't.

I have asked bkf 3 times on 3 different threads about the oxy/meth epidemic in many rural areas...crickets.

And here he calls out ph and the rj for their "silence."

Self awareness not strong with this one.

Didn't you also bring up a very high illegitmacy rate in poor white areas that got no response as well?

Donald Trump Son-in-Law Jared Kushner Could Face His Own Conflict-of-Interest Questions

Another potential conflict comes from Mr. Kushner’s participation in the federal EB-5 program, which allows wealthy foreign investors to obtain U.S. green cards. His company used the program to finance its Trump Bay Street rental tower that just opened in Jersey City. The $200 million project has a licensing deal with the Trump Organization to use the Trump name.

Kushner executives have declined to say how much of the financing was raised through the EB-5 program. The Kushner Co. website lists as one of its financial partners the U.S. Immigration Fund, a private firm that acts as a middleman between foreign investors who want to buy green cards for at least $500,000 each and developers seeking inexpensive financing.

The new Trump administration will likely need to take a stand on EB-5 because it has come under increasing fire in Congress and other places. Critics say it is become dominated by developers of projects in wealthy neighborhoods rather the poor areas for which it was intended.

avalon, don't you know if the POTUS does something it has to be legal.

I have asked bkf 3 times on 3 different threads about the oxy/meth epidemic in many rural areas...crickets.

And here he calls out ph and the rj for their "silence."

Self awareness not strong with this one.

What do you want me to say about this? You have linked articles about it. I'm not an expert on the situation and there is nothing that I could add to the articles that you have already linked. I answered the only direct question that you have asked me after you posted that I would not answer direct questions and I told you to ask any question you wanted and I would answer it....but there is no reason for me to talk about something which I have no knowledge above what you have already posted. And what specific question did you ask me about this, anyway?

What do you want me to say about this? You have linked articles about it. I'm not an expert on the situation and there is nothing that I could add to the articles that you have already linked. I answered the only direct question that you have asked me after you posted that I would not answer direct questions and I told you to ask any question you wanted and I would answer it....but there is no reason for me to talk about something which I have no knowledge above what you have already posted. And what specific question did you ask me about this, anyway?

Lol.

The Oxy/Meth epidemic is a good example of politics resulting in disastrous real world consequences where things that should never be politicized become so. It's like Ebola, Zika, and HIV way before it, we are always reactionary and never forward thinking listening to experts and spending a lot less money than the money we do spend when problems finally emerge.

A good example outside of the disaster that was Zika being tied to defunding planned parenthood is the recent bill funding scientific research as well as heroin addiction help to deregulation of the very industry that started said epidemic the bill is designed to help.

More on the DC hotel:

Law Professor: Trump Can't Hold Lease On His Hotel Near White House

But there's a hitch, according to Steven Schooner, a government procurement expert who is also a law professor at the George Washington University School of Law. Schooner has studied the 100-plus-page contract and says there's a clause that clearly states elected officials should have no role in the lease.

"The contract between GSA and the Trump Organization specifically says that no elected official of the United States government shall be party to, share in, or benefit from the contract," he says, citing clause 37.19 of the contract.

Once Trump becomes president, he will effectively be both the tenant and the landlord of the building. The administrator of the GSA, an independent body, is also a political appointee.

"So the Trump transition team would be naming the person responsible for the agency that's managing Trump's lease. Obviously that's a problem," he says.

Schooner says, for example, the complicated contract requires that each year Trump disclose financial information, after which the GSA is supposed to sit down and negotiate an adjustment in the rent, which is currently $3 million per year.

meh, Donald's just doing some job creation for teams of lawyers to work around this kind of stuff.

Back