• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wyndham Championship

There is a group called NCAE. They advocate for us, but I haven't seen them accomplish much. They also charge us out the wazoo.

Our salaries have been frozen for the past ten years. However, the f'd up thing is that they are raising the entry level salaries to recruit. There are first year teachers who are making a lot more money than I am.

I don't get any indication that anyone actually "hates" teachers. Just because someone thinks teachers work 7 hours a day (which is a totally false assumption) and should pay for golf tickets, that certainly doesn't mean that they hate teachers.

Hate is a strong word.... But there are many who think that we are overpaid for what we do. Just ask the state legislation.

Hate to bring this back to topic, but does anybody have a way to get tickets here, or do they need to look elsewhere?

There is a group called NCAE. They advocate for us, but I haven't seen them accomplish much. They also charge us out the wazoo.

Our salaries have been frozen for the past ten years. However, the f'd up thing is that they are raising the entry level salaries to recruit. There are first year teachers who are making a lot more money than I am.

I appreciate teachers very much, so thanks to you. My wife was a teacher a good number of years ago - she hated how she was practically forced to join the NCAE, finally gave in. If they charge 'out the wazoo' what's the benefit? Again, thanks for your dedication.

Depends.

Are you a teacher?

haha no. Wanted to be, but spent some time in a classroom and pretty decisively decided that it probably wasn't for me. Teaching takes a very specific set of skills and discipline that I do not have.

Hate to bring this back to topic, but does anybody have a way to get tickets here, or do they need to look elsewhere?

Dude, they're buy one get one free at Harris Teeter. You can probably walk around the parking lot and somebody will give you one.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tix/3998663189.html

Wyndham Golf Tickets available for all days. Thur, Fri, Sat tickets are $10 each. Sun tickets are $15 each. Will meet you in the Triad area to deliver tickets. CASH only. Thanks

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tix/3998596928.html

HAVE 2 COUPONS GOOD FOR ANY ONE DAY OF THE WYNDHAM CHAMPIONSHIP
TOURNAMENT RUNS AUGUST 12 -18TH

COUPONS TO BE EXCHANGED FOR ACTUAL TICKETS AT THE WILL CALL

MAKE OFFER ON THE PAIR
CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL
336-749-7509

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tix/3998397387.html

2013 Wyndham Championship Thursday - Sunday tickets for sale. $25 each or all 4 for $60.

Cash only. In person only.

00c0c_69KGLCydJFG_600x450.jpg

2 things. Phil Berger's daughter was in my class at Wake and I got into an argument with her over a variety of things, but mainly Amendment 1 stuff. I don't know that his daughter was against Amendment 1, but we sure as hell know he is

Second, if all the teachers around here could just save up their money and buy me and Cumby a ticket we would be grateful. You've had three months off now (almost four) to save your money, you should be spending it.

Thanks HP, obviously there are a lot of ways to get tickets (cheap tickets, free tickets, blue tickets, red tickets, whatever) we were just checking here first to see if anyone had extras before going on to other avenues.

So you would prefer they not spend the money necessary to recruit high level talent? That makes sense.

So you would prefer they not spend the money necessary to recruit high level talent? That makes sense.

I'm guessing he'd prefer they spend the money necessary to recruit high level talent and spend the money necessary to retain high level talent.

I have seen so many talented teachers leave the profession because of the lack of pay. They (the state) are not giving the "talented" teachers any reason to stay in the profession. The majority of the new teachers are lateral entry (people form other professions who take classes to become certified while teaching) who have no teaching background what so ever...

They are asking us, the more experienced teachers, to train the entry teachers who are making more money than us. I realize I started teaching for the love of helping the kids, but its hard when there are janitors at my school making more than I am!

I am damn good at what I do. I usually have the highest math scores in my county and I teach at a very highly impacted school. It takes a lot to motivate the kids these days. I don't know where all of the hate came from. People always tell me that teaching is easy and that we always get the summers off. However, every time I tell one of those people that they should try teaching, the response is always the same.... "Hell no"!
As far as pay, some of my students make more money than I do slinging, if that tells you anything.

Pos rep. This state and country need more good teachers. It is criminal what we pay good teachers.

Someone please outline for me the average salary and ALL the benefits for a teacher in your average state with 10 years of experience.

Yup. The resentment or attack is not just towards teachers but towards those who work for the state or local government. It's really taken off over the last 3-4 years.

Agreed. I have lots of friends who are fire and police. They are in the same boat as us.

Agreed. I have lots of friends who are fire and police. They are in the same boat as us.

I can get it if you lived in San Bernardino, where municipal employees didn't want to give up huge salaries and benes after the real estate crash decimated their income, and the county ends up filing Ch 9. But here in Cville, like most places I hear of, I think city employees have had like 1 small raise in the last 6 years. I just don't get the hate in the vast majority of jurisdictions that live within their means.

It used to be folks didn't want to work in the public sector because of the relatively poor pay compared to the private sector. But now that the private sector has taken a big hit over the last 5-6 years, maybe some folks are jealous that all of the sudden those municipal job salaries look more competitive and certainly more stable post-recession.:noidea:

Back