• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wyndham Championship

It probably has something to do with early retirements into a defined benefit pension plan + retiree health benefits that had minimal contribution requirements and the subsequent yawning pension shortfalls that most states face.

Tried and failed. I'm not the sharpest tool and I am lazy but it seemed pretty damn hard to get some general info.

Story about Haas and Simpson at the Wyndham this week.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/14/4237195/former-wake-forest-golfers-simpson.html

At Sedgefield, they'll be dealing with firm and extremely fast greens.

“They're so fast now there are certain pin positions they've used in the past that they can't use now,” Simpson said.

“There are so many putts that we will have to be playing defense, in defense of running it by three, six or seven feet. It's easy to do.”

930-1kgW1h.Em.55.jpeg
193-UXl6j.Em.55.jpeg

cville -

I never used to hear teaching as a profession disparaged like it has been the last 5-10 years. What started all this crap?

Rapidly growing distain for Teachers Unions....

cville -

Rapidly growing distain for Teachers Unions....

Read my earlier posts. I'm not fond of public sector unions either. But I guess it's too nuanced for you to be able to value public education and the job that teachers do on the 1 hand and dislike the NEA and other unions at the same time. I'm guessing it's similarly difficult for you to watch and enjoy pro sports because the players' unions aren't likeable either.

We don't have unions here in NC though. We have groups that advocate for us, but have no power. We are truely at the mercy of the state, they are the ones that decide our fates. It's funny though... The people making the decision on how much I should make keep getting raises.

I don't hate teachers, I hate Webb Simpson's pants! Why can't he get his shit tailored better and not look like a frumpy old man with a belly putter?? Take some notes from your fellow Deac Billy.

BTW, what is up with Webb and his inability to put four good rounds together? He can't seem to avoid the one big blow up day. C'mon Webb and Bill, dominate this week!!

We Deacon faithful need something to get excited about!!

It probably has something to do with early retirements into a defined benefit pension plan + retiree health benefits that had minimal contribution requirements and the subsequent yawning pension shortfalls that most states face.

BINGO!! WINNER WINNER!

I wouldn't necessarily call it hatred; more apt is the sheer frustration conservative, small govt-minded folks feel as a result of the terrible fiscal conundrum many states find themselves in as a result of huge pension shortfalls and shrinking tax bases.

Unions certainly have their role when it comes to negotiations for salary and teacher's rights, but too many state legislatures have allowed themselves to be bullied by unions over the years. Or state govts have been too short-sighted in their outlook for the future and have mistakenly over-promised with respect to defined pension plans that can bankrupt a state in return for lower salaries in the short-term. When you play both sides or don't use good business sense in negotiations with public service unions, you end up with untenable situations like these, which are then later used as political footballs in the back and forth between red and blue.

Webb went from the obnoxiously large Polo logo to an obnoxiously large IZOD logo.

Webb went from the obnoxiously large Polo logo to an obnoxiously large IZOD logo.

Yeah, I hate the new IZOD shirts. I have several old Izod shirts with a nice little IZ in the appropriate position, and the old colors weren't quite so bright and bold. Also hate the commercial Webb did for Izod. Basically says, I'm a rich, white golfer with douchey friends and a yacht and we enjoy acting douchey. In fact, that is the last golf commercial I remember hating that much - most are decent.

Also hate the commercial Webb did for Izod. Basically says, I'm a rich, white golfer with douchey friends and a yacht and we enjoy acting douchey. In fact, that is the last golf commercial I remember hating that much - most are decent.

THIS, MY GOD THIS. Thanks Webb for helping to further stereotype the student body at Wake Forest, and the world of golf. Certainly not the case where I play. Although we certainly have douchey patrons from all walks of life who enjoy acting douchey. Actually, a lot of them are putzes who don't know how horribly slow or inconsiderate they are on a golf course. But then again, by complaining about poor etiquette, I guess I sound kind of douchey! :)

Massive round for Reifers today. So far so good.

Massively important round you mean? He better start making some birdies if he wants to earn a check and some FEC points. Billy H finally makin' some putts. Come on William!!

Made cut should get him inside the Top 200 on FedEx Cup and backdoor him into the 4 tournament q-school later this fall.

Made cut should get him inside the Top 200 on FedEx Cup and backdoor him into the 4 tournament q-school later this fall.

His round has takena bad turn. He's 4 over with 6 to play. Probably needs to birdie in to make the cut.

Back